• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

External web clients unable to download exe files from internal web server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> External web clients unable to download exe files from internal web server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
External web clients unable to download exe files from ... - 27.Sep.2003 5:42:00 AM   
rcscet

I have a weird problem going on, and I have been unable to figure out what is going on.

I have a web server behind my ISA server which has downloadable updates for our software in EXE format.

Internally, when you go to the website and click the link, you can download the file without a problem. However, if you are outside the ISA server, you get a page not found error. This only happens with EXE files. All other file types are fine.

I have gone through all of my Site & Content rules, and all content types are allowed.

I am running ISA server with SP1 and FP1 on a Win2K server with SP4 and all the latest hotfixes.

If anyone has any idea why this would be happening I would appreciate it.

I have even tried to create a rule to explicitly allow EXE files to be downloaded from the internal destination, and it still does not work.

Also, I am able to download EXE files from the outside world through the ISA server, so it only affects outbound EXE files.

There is no other software running on the ISA server.

Thanks

Brian
bjr@woodharbor.com
Post #: 1
RE: External web clients unable to download exe files f... - 28.Sep.2003 11:38:00 PM   
smokeskull

Did you put URLSCAN on the isa server with the other patches? It is built into FP1. Do a search on the isa server for urlscan.ini . If you find it, you can edit it in notepad to stop blocking exe files.

(in reply to rcscet)
Post #: 2
RE: External web clients unable to download exe files f... - 29.Sep.2003 6:34:00 AM   
rcscet

Thanks!

That did the trick.

Brian

(in reply to rcscet)
Post #: 3
RE: External web clients unable to download exe files f... - 29.Sep.2003 6:36:00 PM   
smokeskull

No problem. Glad it worked out.

(in reply to rcscet)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> External web clients unable to download exe files from internal web server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts