• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Restricting radio streaming

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Restricting radio streaming Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Restricting radio streaming - 14.Oct.2003 10:59:00 AM   
ghosking

Users are listening to the radio via media player more and more and taking up bandwidth. So we have been trying to restrict access to the radio.

We have been able to find the settings but it knocks out access to HTTPS sites. Anyone had any success in restricting audio but not affecting other access giles.hosking@n-somerset.gov.uk "[Big
Post #: 1
RE: Restricting radio streaming - 15.Oct.2003 10:13:00 AM   
wdekler

You should be able to restrict the mediaplayers access via the streaming protocol rules.

Sadly, many stations stream over http which makes blocking these sites very difficult.

In the end, I solved it by makeing a registry file for allowed and denied users. The system logon script sets the mediaplayer network settings to non working network settings if the user isn't allowed access.

This works great for me.

Wanne.

(in reply to ghosking)
Post #: 2
RE: Restricting radio streaming - 4.Dec.2003 4:38:00 AM   
jgleason

Hi Wanne,

If you wouldn't mind sharing it, please post the code that changes the mediaplayer network settings.

Also, will this work with other media players like Winamp?

Thanks
Joe

(in reply to ghosking)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Restricting radio streaming Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts