• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployment Kit

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployment Kit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployme... - 20.Jan.2004 11:18:00 AM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussion related to the docs in the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployment Kit at http://isaserver.org/tutorials/isaedukit.html.

Thanks!
Tom

[ January 20, 2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Depl... - 12.Jul.2004 4:23:00 PM   
drewp

Hi, I found the resource kit a great help so far.

I am looking to upgrade/replace the ISA server for the school I do contract work for. We have about 450 users, and a 2mb async ADSL connection. We also use chaperon 2000 as a filtering solution.

Could you give me any guides for hardware specs? I have not found may guide lines to help, apart from a the size of the web cache. I would be looking at logging to SQL, both for the isa logs and the data that Chaperon produces.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2
RE: Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Depl... - 13.Jul.2004 1:38:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Drew,

There's no much info on sizing the hardware for this. But with only 450 users, the basic hardware requirements will be nominal. At P4 you can get today would be enough. Are you going to log on a SQL server on the ISA firewall itself, or on a separate machine?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Depl... - 13.Jul.2004 5:31:00 PM   
drewp

The SQL server would be installed on the same hardware.

I would be looking at keeping the log files for about a year, following a recommendation from the Chaperon engineers in case of any investigations / viewing browsing habits.

Given the number of users, would an 8 / 10 GB webcache be suitable?

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Discussion on the ISA Server 2000 in Education Deployment Kit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts