• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Wading through performance logs

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Wading through performance logs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wading through performance logs - 13.Feb.2004 10:32:00 PM   
isathekid

We're having a problem with our ISA servers (2) becoming unavailable, i.e., users get a page cannot be displayed or some such. It happens randomly between the 2 servers.

We have 2 new servers, both dual proc, ~3 GHz P4, each with 4 GB RAM. F-Secure Antivirus for Internet Gateways is installed locally on each machine. The AV software is configured as an upstream proxy, pointing to the loopback address, on the appropriate port that it listens on.

This all works OK, until the outage occurs. When it happens, we find the following error in the logs:

Event ID 14130
The Web Proxy service detected that the upstream proxy '127.0.0.1' is not available.

A few minutes later, it says that the upstream proxy is available again (Event ID 14131).

So I've been loggin tons of counters on both machines, hoping that when it happens, I can go back in and see what's causing it. But nothing is obvious.

My question is, does anyone have a suggestion of what counters to look at that are most likely capturing the culprit? I'm monitoring all of the ISA counters as well as those that F-Secure installs, plus the system-related stuff (procs, memory, etc.)

I'd especially be grateful to hear from anyone using the F-Secure product and has it working well.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Wading through performance logs - 18.Feb.2004 1:26:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Kid,

Hate to say it, but it sounds like an "issue" with the AV software [Frown]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to isathekid)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Wading through performance logs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts