• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari - 16.Feb.2004 6:18:00 PM   
Compton

Hi,

We are having a problem here at work in that our Macintosh clients can't connect to the Internet with the Safari web browser. (They can with IE, but IE is very unstable in OS X)

The only workaround we have found so far is to uncheck the "ASK UNAUTHENTICATED USERS FOR IDENTIFICATION" checkbox on the outgoing web requests tab. It will then allow the browser to get on the Internet. However, this is not acceptable since we can't set rules or log web activity by username anymore with our SurfControl web filter.

Any suggestions on how to get this working? Has a firewall client been developed for Macs yet?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Post #: 1
RE: Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari - 18.Feb.2004 1:23:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jason,

Not true! You should always uncheck that checkbox, as it causes unpredictable behavior for the Web Proxy clients. Instead, just remove all anonymous access rules. Then no anonymous requests will ever be allowed to the Internet. Then you can create client address sets for the Mac clients.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 2
RE: Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari - 19.Feb.2004 12:05:00 AM   
Compton

When I have some time this weekend I will try again to do what suggest in your article on how to do that Tom. When I tried briefly to do it, all users (PC and MAC using IE or Safari)were immediately asked for username/password/domain when they launched IE. I reverted back to how things were and enabled Basic authentication (in addition to Digest that was already enabled) and that allowed the Mac clients to use Safari. Hopefully I can get this working soon. Apparently Safari can only use Basic authentication.

(in reply to Compton)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Mac Clients can't connect to internet using Safari Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts