• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to config ISA to check both local and internet mail by using outlook

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> How to config ISA to check both local and internet mail by using outlook Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to config ISA to check both local and internet mail... - 7.Apr.2004 1:51:00 AM   
quangminh9999

Hi all,
I have a problem, pls instruct me how to config ISA server for my case.

This is my network diagram
http://heartit.esmartweb.com/isaconfig.gif

I have read document about ISA server, and tried on configuring Publishing server (POP3+SMTP) for Host A can use Outlook Express check mail from both local network and internet. I implied 10.10.11.x/24 is external network and 192.168.100.x/24 is internal network.
But I failed, because external IP, in my local network, is an private IP.
Moreover, my server mail is Qmail in Linux, instead of MS Exchange Mail Server

Thanks for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: How to config ISA to check both local and internet ... - 11.Apr.2004 8:22:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi quangminh9999,

You need to create a split DNS to support transparent access for internal and external hosts.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to quangminh9999)
Post #: 2
RE: How to config ISA to check both local and internet ... - 13.Apr.2004 8:44:00 PM   
quangminh9999

Hi tshinder
Thanks your reply
I'm sorry, I have still not understood your guide in the case yet.Pls help me one more, more detail more better if u can do and have free-time

I infer from your idea which you have just helped me. My inference is suitable your idea ???
Step 1:
I need to have to setup a local DNS server and create domains for my local mail-servers ???
Local DNS server is on ISA server, it also supports to forward to Internet-DNS ???

Step 2:
In NIC 192.168.100.1, config DNS is the local DNS which has just setup ???

Step 3:
In NIC of HostA, config DNS is the local DNS which is on ISA Server ???
In Outlook, config account mail with POP3/SMTP by domains of local mail-servers created in step 1

-----
Pls, help me understand more your idea

Post #: 3
RE: How to config ISA to check both local and internet ... - 18.Apr.2004 3:41:00 AM   
quangminh9999

Hi all
I inferred from tshinder's idea. And I configured by that inference, but I failed.

Would you please to help me ?

In wingate, we can map a pair of IPs between network 192.168.100.x and network 10.10.11.x.
I wonder,why people said ISA is stronger than wingate but ISA does not have a way to solve my problem.
Maybe, ISA is weaker than wingate, at least in my case

Because I want to try on using ISA, I also try my best to how to configure ISA with my network. But I can not do myself. So, I have had you help me. And maybe nobody can help me

Thanks all

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> How to config ISA to check both local and internet mail by using outlook Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts