• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Preventing NAT clients from bypassing the proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Preventing NAT clients from bypassing the proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Preventing NAT clients from bypassing the proxy - 28.Nov.2004 12:48:00 PM   
sw

Hi,

If a visitor connects a laptop to our lan our dhcp server provides them with an ip address, dns server and gateway address (ISA box).

The problem I have is the laptop can then simply open Internet explorer and because no proxy is set they can bypass all rules and filters etc.

I'd like these sort of visitors to be prompted with a username and password box requiring authentication before they can pass through our ISA and use our Internet connection; this way I'd be able to check on there useage should I need too.

Does anyone know how I can firstly stop this bypass happening and secondly how I can request for authentication?

Thanks

Steven
Post #: 1
RE: Preventing NAT clients from bypassing the proxy - 29.Nov.2004 9:42:00 AM   
You need to make sure that u dont ask authenticated users for there Identification for out going request, under server arrays in ISA magement.
Make sure that under protocol rules that u have your internet access policy apllied to domain users and not just any reuest.

shot
[Smile]

(in reply to sw)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Preventing NAT clients from bypassing the proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts