• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

block one local computer

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> block one local computer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
block one local computer - 11.Dec.2004 2:01:00 PM   
nnmmss

hi

I have a isa 2000 which works fine, the question is that if i want to exclude one user (or one local IP ) can't use internet so ISA server what i can do? I have used the "Ip Packet filter" but that didn't effect, maybe i have set up something wrong. anybody can help me?

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: block one local computer - 11.Dec.2004 7:16:00 PM   
Taz69

If memory serves me well you'll need to create a client set which includes the banned client. Followed by either a site and content rule or a protocol rule to deny traffic to that client set. If the user can be tied to an IP address this would be simpler, otherwise you might end up having to require authentication for all clients.

Depending on how restrictive you want this rule to be you could just deny access to the http, https & ftp protocols and allow the user access to e-mail and other protocols which they might require. Alternitively you could create a site and content rule to deny all destinations (or all destinations except for permitteed sites and allow access to an approved list of sites).

(in reply to nnmmss)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> block one local computer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts