• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Confusing Situation/Need help configuring

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Confusing Situation/Need help configuring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confusing Situation/Need help configuring - 25.Mar.2005 12:38:00 AM   
rmaloleyii

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to ISA, so let me explain what was done. In my organization we installed ISA Server 2000 onto a Windows 2003 box (just sitting on our network, it is not an extra security layer to add to our cisco firewall) so that we could direct users through it in order to keep a log of what sites were visited and how much time was spent surfing the web. It works like a charm.

Now we wish to switch everyone from statically assigned IP addresses to ones assigned via DHCP using DHCP registrations. No problem switching over to that. But that is the very reason why I need help in setting up ISA. Because of our dire need to lock users into ONLY surfing the web, we would just remove their DNS entry when we statically assigned IP's. Now, using DHCP, the DNS HAS to be filled in, else guests on the network will be without internet access (only our staff needs to use our proxy.)

Here is where I need your help: I need to configure this ISA install in such a way so that the users who go through it will only be allowed to use HTTP protocols. The ONLY outbound traffic allowed from users in our Active Directory should be HTTP. And for the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out.

Whew, that's long. Well, I hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

-Richard
Post #: 1
RE: Confusing Situation/Need help configuring - 25.Mar.2005 7:33:00 AM   
sniper

Richard,

Ok here we go make a rule set that conatins the source network and 80& 443 defined as the only protocols that can be used by that network. Now for you team make a rule abouve that that has their IP range even if it is make up of individual hosts and allow access to all desired protocols. Also ensure the proper site and conect rules are in agreement witht eh protocol rule(s)

(in reply to rmaloleyii)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2000 General] >> General >> Confusing Situation/Need help configuring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts