• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

problems with Exchange server publishing

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> problems with Exchange server publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problems with Exchange server publishing - 9.Sep.2004 5:22:00 PM   
yossi

Hello Forum,

I am new With ISA and i will appriciate your assitence in the following issue.

I have tried to configure ISA 2004 to support OWA 2003 according to MS articale 837354:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;837354

The major change that i made is that user are required to authenticate via radius server (IAS.

The problem is that i can't reach OWA authentication web page due to one of the following errors:

1) Host unreachable error (10065)

Or

2) The target principal name is incorrect

When i configuring a rule for publish web server in SSL tunnel mode i have problems but when publishing a mail server i get the symptomes as descibed above.

Another thing is that when i was trying to publish ssl web site in bridge mode i never got request for user authentication. It failed at the begining.

I appriciate your assitence.

Regards,

Yossi
Post #: 1
RE: problems with Exchange server publishing - 10.Sep.2004 3:46:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Yossi,

1. For the RADIUS auth, make sure you enable a remote access policy that allows PAP, so that the Web Proxy cliets can use RADIUS (remote access rules are sort of Web proxy clients when accessing throgh a Web publishing rule)

2. Make sure the common name on the cert on the listener is the same common name on the Web site, and the name on the "To" tab in the Web Publishing Rule is the same as the common name on the certificates

Check out the ISA/Exchange Kit at www.msfirewall.org/isa2004kits.htm

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to yossi)
Post #: 2
RE: problems with Exchange server publishing - 12.Sep.2004 3:19:00 PM   
yossi

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your help. The configuration now works fine: i am trying to access my exchange via SSL and then first authenticate via RADIUS and afterward against OWA for based authentication.

But there is a new issue that is related to the ISA itself which serve as the RADIUS client in this configuration. I have notice on the event viewer, where IAS is installed, that upon RADIUS authentication the ISA send the user credential twice.

I have seen 2 entries in the event with the same details for specific user.

Is there a way to eliminate this behavior so ISA will send user credentials only once?

All the best,

Yossi Mor

(in reply to yossi)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Server Publishing >> problems with Exchange server publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts