• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using ISA Firewalls

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using ISA Firewalls Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using ISA Fi... - 18.Oct.2004 12:07:00 AM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussing the article on publishing OWA site through the ISA firewall at http://isaserver.org/articles/2004pubowartm.html.

Thanks!
Tom

[ October 18, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 3:44:00 AM   
MrKill

After following the guide, I get this error when trying to connect to my OWA:

Technical Information (for Support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)
IP Address: 10.10.x.x
Date: 10/18/2004 1:43:13 AM
Server: ISA.Amherstburg.local
Source: proxy

If I connect to OWA from the ISA server, it works successfully.... I dont get it myself, tripple checked the settings, same error [Confused]

On my Logging Tab, I have:

Denied Connection by Default Rule, Client Name: anonymous

[ October 18, 2004, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: ITAdmin ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 2
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 5:14:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Admin,

How does your config deviate from the recommendations in that article? One danger sign I see already is that you're using an illegal TLD for the name of your ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 1:42:00 PM   
brokenribgolfer

Tom,

Nicely done. This is a little off topic but a recurring bother for me. How do you print the "printly friendly" versions of these articles? No matter what I do with margins, most of the articles (including this one) simply do not fit on portrait 8.5X11 paper. Sentences are truncated.

Thanks.

-Mark

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 1:58:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mark,

Funny you should mention that, as I noticed the exact same thing yesterday when I was playing with the site.

The problem is that some of the figures are too wide for the page. Since I'm no web programmer or graphic designer [Smile] I have no idea how to deal with the problem. When I've tried to resize the pics, they end up looking like caca [Smile]

If you want to print out the article, I'd be happy to send you the Word .doc. Just send me a note at tshinder@isaserver.org

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 2:12:00 PM   
MrKill

Well mine is a bit different, my ISA Server is a member of my internal domain, which is a different domain name than my public name.. I know this is not recommended, but it is the way it is set up here, We have DNS Servers for our internal and external domains, so internally we can access the OWA site, and externally.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 6
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 2:16:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

Even though you have different domain names, you still must create a split DNS infrastructure to make things work. And the next time you set up a new network, remember NEVER USE the .local domain EVER!

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 2:17:00 PM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Mike,

Even though you have different domain names, you still must create a split DNS infrastructure to make things work. And the next time you set up a new network, remember NEVER USE the .local domain EVER!

I'm writing the publishing chapter in the book this week, and will go into long detail on setting up split DNS for a well designed domain infrastructure, and a bootstrap method for situations like yours, where you kind of snafu'd the domain name, but can still get you up and running with a split DNS.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 8
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 18.Oct.2004 3:26:00 PM   
MrKill

I am thinking of re-designing our domain, this current config is creating a lot of headaches!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 9
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 19.Oct.2004 1:00:00 AM   
MrKill

well im getting somewhere, Now it says that the Certificate chain was not from a trusted authority. I must not have imported my Cer. right... Ill try that step(s) again..

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 10
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 20.Oct.2004 4:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

Make sure the CA certificate is installed on the ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 11
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 20.Oct.2004 5:08:00 PM   
Jason Jones

Tom,

I noticed no metion of http filter rules for Exchange publishing....is this coming later?

Surely this is pretty important as the good old wizards kinda forget to even enable basic http filters...

Maybe some scripts would help??? [Razz]

JJ

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 12
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 20.Oct.2004 11:07:00 PM   
nzkiwi

Hi Tom

Got a question regarding using the ISA OWA FBA. If I select to block all attachments here, then is that final, ie it does not matter if the Exchange Server is set differently on how to handle attachments of Level 1/Level 2 file and mime types.

Any chance in the future, that an option will be available to only enable attachments in one direction, being able to open attachments, but not being able to send attachments?

RajiA

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 13
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 21.Oct.2004 6:27:00 AM   
Tjempeng2

Hi,

i've managed to publish OWA using this article and it works, but my OMA doesn't [Confused] .
Do I need a seperate rule for publishing OMA as well ? Is there an article of this available ?

Regards,

Stefan van Hattum

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 14
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 12.Nov.2004 10:26:00 PM   
mcdivit

I tried the "Printer Friendly" version but it still wraps off the page. I'd like to print this out to read later.

Is there a chance this is an issue on your end?

Looks like a great article.!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 15
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 16.Nov.2004 12:49:00 AM   
yy

Excellent article once again! Thanks so much for it, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm having one slight issue, though. When I try to access https://owa.domainname.com/exchange I get this error:

440 Login Timeout

any ideas?

EDIT: A colleague of mine found out that ExchWeb needs to have anon access, as it generates the form before SSL can be authenticated. It works now.

[ November 17, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: yy ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 16
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 4.Dec.2004 11:08:00 PM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Jones:
Tom,

I noticed no metion of http filter rules for Exchange publishing....is this coming later?

Surely this is pretty important as the good old wizards kinda forget to even enable basic http filters...

Maybe some scripts would help??? [Razz]

JJ

Hi Jason,

Good point! I need to add this info, as I always include the filter setup in my configs.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 17
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 4.Dec.2004 11:09:00 PM   
tshinder

quote:
Originally posted by nzkiwi:
Hi Tom

Got a question regarding using the ISA OWA FBA. If I select to block all attachments here, then is that final, ie it does not matter if the Exchange Server is set differently on how to handle attachments of Level 1/Level 2 file and mime types.

Any chance in the future, that an option will be available to only enable attachments in one direction, being able to open attachments, but not being able to send attachments?

RajiA

Hi Raji,

Not at this time, but you might want to put it in the Wish List section.

Thanks!
Tom

[ December 04, 2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: tshinder ]

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 18
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 9.Dec.2004 11:06:00 AM   
Hhejlesen

Hi Tom,

Thanks for an excellent step-by-step guide. This has been really helpful.

However I do have a problem, that you might be able to help with.

I have followed your guide pretty much to the letter, and it seems to work fine for clients on the internal network. However, when clients from the external side log on to the OWA site, they get forwarded to the url "https://mail.domain.com/CookieAuth.dll?Logon" and see the follow text in th browser:

--------------------
Unknown Request
The request could not be resolved by the server.
--------------------

Do you have clues as to where I have failed ?

Best Regards,

Henrik

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 19
RE: Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using IS... - 9.Dec.2004 12:59:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Henrik,

Hmmm. Haven't seen that one yet. Have you disabled FBA on the Exchange Server?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Discussion about article on Publishing OWA using ISA Firewalls Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts