• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RPC Publishing problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC Publishing problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RPC Publishing problem - 5.Mar.2005 1:54:00 PM   
rpetruni

Hi all,

Have a problem pulishing Exchange - the only thing frustrating me is that this is NOT the first time i'm publishing exchange, but it's the first time i'm not able to do it :-(
ISA has 6 NIC's (currently only 3 enabled, but soon the other 3 will be enabled too).
One of 3 enabled NIC's is External (default) connected to internet over Cisco router. The other 2 are INTERNAL networks.
Firewall Policies are working ok, between all 3 networks.
If i publish RPC, and watch the logs, ISA passes those packets over 135, 1025, .. ports out to exchange server (located on other internal network), but no packets are send back to client ???. ISA adapter on this side has 7 network ID's and there are accualy 7 networks connected on this adapter trough VLAN router configured to use Asymetric VLAN (ISA adapter is member on all 7 networks. Networks can not talk to eachother, and there is no problem with ISA comunication except when i publish something).
If i define Firewall policy between those networks - there is no problem, if i try to publish mail, web or any server it's not working. Exchange serve IS Secure NAT client.
What could be wrong here? Is it possible to publish something on one internal network to other internal network or not? Rule between those internal networks is ROUTE, does it has to be NAT?
Robert
Post #: 1
RE: RPC Publishing problem - 5.Mar.2005 7:17:00 PM   
WyldWolf

What's the default gateway of the Exchange server, the ISA or the layer 3 switch? If it's the layer 3 switch are there any ACL's in place that could be preventing this traffic? Also is that NAT and/or ACL's on the external internet Cisco router?

(in reply to rpetruni)
Post #: 2
RE: RPC Publishing problem - 5.Mar.2005 10:30:00 PM   
rpetruni

ISA is default gateway for Exchange server. There are no ACL's on Layer 3 switch preventing it to allow trafic from exchange server to client. There is NAT on Cisco router, but in this case traffic is going from one internal network to other internal network NOT accross external network

Simpified diagram...

(in reply to rpetruni)
Post #: 3
RE: RPC Publishing problem - 5.Mar.2005 11:02:00 PM   
WyldWolf

Ok a couple more questions. What does the LAT on your ISA look like? You made it sound like other IP communications to the Exchange server are working throught the ISA server?

(in reply to rpetruni)
Post #: 4
RE: RPC Publishing problem - 5.Mar.2005 11:48:00 PM   
rpetruni

ISA 2k4 does not have LAT ;-)
Routing table is correct, everything defined in ISA policy is working between those networks except publishing (Server, Mail, Web)...

Robert

(in reply to rpetruni)
Post #: 5
RE: RPC Publishing problem - 22.Mar.2005 10:19:00 AM   
rpetruni

The solution was to enable NAT rule between those networks (that was originaly my question - is it possible to publish server when network relationship is route - probably NOT).

Robert

(in reply to rpetruni)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> RPC Publishing problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts