• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OMA Anyone?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA Anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OMA Anyone? - 6.Mar.2005 4:10:00 AM   
jayz1220

Hello,

Is anyone out there using OMA with their ISA 2004 servers?

I have tried to set it up and have encountered a few problems. Namely the issue in this article:

Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003

I have tried the solution in this article to enable OMA access to the mailbox store via http, but it seems like this is not working.

Rather than going into the specifics of my setup i thought i would just ask if people (have/think will work) the following setup would work.

The ISA Firewall and exchange 2003 server are all installed on the same server.

• There are 3 external IP addresses (1 VPN, 1 Mail, 1 NAT (default primary) )
  • There are 2 interal IP addresses, one used for normal network operations, and one used for exchange smtp
  • ISA Publishing rules point to the internal exchange IP address
  • ISA Publishes OWA to the internal exchange IP address, and uses SSL form based authentication
  • IIS has been configured to host the default web site on the internal exchange IP address
Now with this setup i thought that activating OMA was just going to involve enabling it in the ESM and addding the path to the OWA publishing rule, granting a path to /OWA/*.
Any help / questions would be appreciated "[Smile]"

Thanks
jay
Post #: 1
RE: OMA Anyone? - 8.Mar.2005 3:09:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jay,

Exchange on the firewall isn't supported. It *might* work, but there are sorts of security problems, so that I haven't even worked out this scenario. The SBS team is working on some hacks to allow it to work, but its taking them quite some time, so I suspect its not going to be easy to make it even half secure.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to jayz1220)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> OMA Anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts