• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users - 14.Mar.2005 2:30:00 PM   
kevinlovegrove

I have the demo pack of RSA Authentication, with two tokens. I've installed the server on an internal machine, and specified my ISA Server as an Agent host as specified in RSA's documentation.

It's supposed to be easy to do, but if I specify a user in RSA and allocate a token to them, and give it a password, I'm then trying the SDTEST util that comes with ISA to check communications. However, I always get "Access Denied" whether I use the password or the token passcode.

I've enabled Securid on the OWA web publishing rule, and it still does no more than give me the standard OWA login page.

The RSA documentation on this is a bit patchy. Does anyone know of anything out there that's helpful?

Thanks,
Kev
Post #: 1
RE: Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users - 15.Mar.2005 12:27:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Kev,

I'm finally getting a demo pack from RSA next week! (thanks RSA!). I've been wanting to work with this product for over three years and now I'll be able to test it out. I hope to get the testing started next week and will doc out everything that I do and post it to the site. I think the SecurID is really cool and hope to get three or four articles up on how to use it for OWA and VPN access.

Tom

(in reply to kevinlovegrove)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users - 15.Mar.2005 1:00:00 PM   
kevinlovegrove

Hi Tom,

You might want to look at this, although I suspect there is something missing.

http://rsasecurity.agora.com/rsasecured/guides/imp_pdfs/Microsoft_ISAServer2004_AUTH6.pdf

I can't seem to get the ISA Server and the RSA Authentication Server to be nice to each other....

Cheers,
Kevin

Post #: 3
RE: Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users - 15.Mar.2005 1:01:00 PM   
kevinlovegrove

Oh and I forgot to mention, I've also got ActiveCard coming in to show me their product as well.

Post #: 4
RE: Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users - 24.Mar.2005 5:09:00 PM   
boywaja

I have SecurID working on my dev ISA 2004 sp1 server. And it currently works in production with ISA 2000.

The link posted is a pretty good writeup of what is needed. Make sure you have done the steps in the bottom section on troubleshooting access denied errors. I think that says the same thing as what is in the help file on the server.

The one thing I dont see mentioned is the system policy. Make sure the system policy has securID enabled and allowed to talk to the appropriate network. By default this is the internal network, so make sure your securID server is on that network.

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Using Securid tokens to authenticate OWA 2003 Users Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts