• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Activesynch and OWA on same server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Activesynch and OWA on same server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Activesynch and OWA on same server - 30.Mar.2005 6:10:00 PM   
awj

I am trying to configure my Exchange 2003/ ISA 2004 servers for OWA and Activesync. I already have OWA working with SSL bridging and using forms based authentication. Question is how do i then get Activesync to work on the same ip or a different one?

Can I only have one certificate associated Exchange server which is already there for OWA? Problem is if i try to create a listener for Activesync on same ip ISA won't let me, if i want to use the same listener i am guessing that i can't without switching off the forms based OWA. Any suggestions or clues as to the best way to go about this much appreciated.

PS I have an internal Certificate server on 2003 server.
Post #: 1
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 31.Mar.2005 6:07:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Al,

The second Web listener needs to be bound to a second IP address on the external interface of the ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 2
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 31.Mar.2005 5:05:00 PM   
awj

Hi Tom

I was trying that but the problem i hit was it then needs a different resolvable name for the additional ip address and hence different certificate (assuming they need to match)? If so how do i get the SSL bridging to work as i only seem to be able to have one Certificate associated on the Exchange server web site.

My example OWA access on OWA.mycompany.com - ip1
AS.mycompany.com - ip2 for Active Sync do i not then need two certificate with the same names as the external web addresses.

[ March 31, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: AWJ ]

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 3
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 3.Apr.2005 11:16:00 PM   
AWJ,

Create a second Exchange virtual server with OMA and ActiveSync virtual directories (create it via the Exchange Manager MMC), and remove the OMA and Activesync virtual directories from the default exchnage virtual server.

You can then set up SSL on both virtual servers using 2 certificates (one for each virtual server) and so then you have the correct website name on the certificates for OWA and for OMA/ActiveSync.

(in reply to awj)
  Post #: 4
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 4.Apr.2005 12:09:00 PM   
awj

Thanks

Looks like that will works after a quick try on a Virtual Machine setup. Quick question is it ok to leave the existing Activesync directories in case i want to go back to how it was in the future or will they conflict?

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 5
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 29.Apr.2005 4:21:00 PM   
Philip Colmer

quote:
Originally posted by <markt>:
AWJ,

Create a second Exchange virtual server with OMA and ActiveSync virtual directories (create it via the Exchange Manager MMC), and remove the OMA and Activesync virtual directories from the default exchnage virtual server.

You can then set up SSL on both virtual servers using 2 certificates (one for each virtual server) and so then you have the correct website name on the certificates for OWA and for OMA/ActiveSync.

This doesn't work for me, I'm afraid, because I've got Exchange in a cluster and the cluster software will only allow me to create one virtual HTTP server.

Any other suggestions?

--Philip

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 6
RE: Activesynch and OWA on same server - 9.May2005 9:20:00 PM   
Snyder81

quote:
Originally posted by <markt>:
AWJ,

So does this solution work when authenticating with SecurID on the ISA 2004 server and using ActiveSync? If I try to hookup ActiveSync right now I get errors in ActiveSync indicating that the server I trying to sync to is not an Exchange server. This is because ISA does not prompt for SecurID authentication. Any ideas? If you have a solution, please post back here or send me an e-mail at jefe @ pnl . gov.

Thanks,
-Scott

[ May 09, 2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Snyder81 ]

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 General ] >> Exchange Publishing >> Activesynch and OWA on same server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts