• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

one to one NAT

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> one to one NAT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
one to one NAT - 13.Aug.2004 8:19:00 PM   
Matt-Helm

I'm little confused on how I would set up a one to one NAT for an additional external IP that I added to the external interface.

I need one inside specific address going to a specific external IP bound on the outside interface.

thanks
helm
Post #: 1
RE: one to one NAT - 15.Aug.2004 3:05:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Matt,

You can create Web and Server Publishing rules on the ISA firewall to allow inbound access to the services required.

What services need to be accessible to remote hosts?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 2
RE: one to one NAT - 16.Aug.2004 1:20:00 PM   
Matt-Helm

Hi Tom!

I'd like to map an internal IP to one of the external IP's that i added to the outside interface. Thats all i'm asking. How would I do it?

For example I have a user with a VPN connection for EDI that I want to keep seperated with a unique external IP.

There are a few other scenarios in my network which I would need to do this.

I'm use to using FBSD's IPfilter. I would like to get the same results with ISA 2004!

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 3
RE: one to one NAT - 17.Aug.2004 7:43:00 PM   
grinn253

Hello,

I have a similar question:
After supernetting my /24 I'll have an 'internal' network comprised of only public IPs. If i set a route relationship between the internal network of public IPs, and various external/internal networks, must i still add public IPs to the external interface of ISA? Or will the 'route relationship' suffice.

Thanks!
Edgardo

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 4
RE: one to one NAT - 8.Oct.2004 4:21:00 PM   
I am trying to do this as well. I just installed ISA 2004 and can't seem to figure out how to do it. From the research I've done so far it looks like you can't. Has anyone done this ?

Craig.

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
  Post #: 5
RE: one to one NAT - 8.Oct.2004 4:53:00 PM   
AbqBill

Hi all,

ISA Server does not do 1:1 NAT. It only does N:1 NAT (or PAT). Instead of 1:1 NAT, it offers server publishing.

HTH,

Bill

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 6
RE: one to one NAT - 9.Apr.2010 2:23:44 PM   
ferrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt-Helm
I'd like to map an internal IP to one of the external IP's that i added to the outside interface. Thats all i'm asking. How would I do it?

I just realized that a lot of people are using the term "one-to-one NAT" or "Static NAT" to refer to the functionality that we added to ISA with our IP Binder filter (i.e. binding of outbound traffic to a specific external interface).  Until now I didn't realize there were so many names for this.  So I'm going through a few of these ancient and unanswered forum threads and adding a link to IP Binder so future searchers can see there's a solution.

(in reply to Matt-Helm)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> one to one NAT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote