• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? - 24.Feb.2005 4:48:00 AM   
Jack in the Box

Is there anyway with ISA 2004 to block any internal client from sending mail to an external specific e-mail address? I need to block any messages being sent to a specific e-mail address without preventing mail to other users in the same domain. For example, I would like to prevent any mail from being sent to user1@domain.com without preventing mail from going to user2@domain.com and user3@domain.com.

My setup has SMTP installed on the ISA Server itself with the message screener configured for both incoming and outgoing message screening as per these articles:

http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004outboundsmtprelay.html
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004inboundsmtprelay.html

It works great but there only appears to only be able to block based on the sender and not the recipient. Is this possible, either through the message screener or via other firewall rules?

[ February 24, 2005, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Jack in the Box ]
Post #: 1
RE: Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? - 28.Feb.2005 3:06:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jack,

Can't think of any way to do this with the ISA firewall or its components without maybe an add in.

[Frown]

Tom

(in reply to Jack in the Box)
Post #: 2
RE: Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? - 2.Mar.2005 3:21:00 AM   
gazc

Hi

You can achieve this in Exchange under SMTP virtual Server properties > access, never attempted this in ISA.

Post #: 3
RE: Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? - 4.Mar.2005 3:32:00 AM   
WyldWolf

Well you didn't state what your internal mail server is.....if it's Exchange it's easy. If not, disregard this post.

Create a mail-enabled contact in active directory, set the parameters for this contact to the external email address you want to block. Then under properties for users that "cannot send to this recipient", add either one, multiple, or everyone to stop Exchange from even attempting delivery to the recipient.

Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> General >> Block outgoing mail to specific e-mail address? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts