• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

No connection to the AD/DC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> No connection to the AD/DC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No connection to the AD/DC - 6.Feb.2004 5:59:00 PM   
Raul E Jimenez

Hi there,

I have a Member Server of an AD domain.I used this server before with ISA 2000 and was able to browse my network and add Global Groups from the AD domain to the local groups of this Member server and asigned rights to it.

Since I have installed ISA 2004, there is not connectivity with the AD domain. I am aware of under System Rules severals of those contains policy definitions for this kind of access.

Do I have to create a Firewall Rule for this access?

Thanks

RJ
Post #: 1
RE: No connection to the AD/DC - 6.Feb.2004 7:21:00 PM   
penrose.l@2college.nl

Hi Raul,

From your post I read that you were running ISA server 2000 on a member server , adding groups and users to this ISA server from the DC's ?
And now you upgraded and no longer have access to the DC ?
I would look in the Network rules ( not firewall rules ) from the LOCAL HOST to the INTERNAL NETWORK and put it on ROUTE instead of NAT.
Then make firewall rule of ALLOW all administrators all IP traffic all destinations to test.
Then if it works you know you can solve it and need to remove the rights. Then gradually increase security until it works ( or look up the correct port numbers [Smile] )

Kind regards,
Lex

(in reply to Raul E Jimenez)
Post #: 2
RE: No connection to the AD/DC - 6.Feb.2004 8:54:00 PM   
Raul E Jimenez

Hi Lex,

Yep, I am sure it will work, but if you see on the System Rules there are all the ports and protocols need it for the connectivity.

Are those System Rules disable? and if so, How we can enable?

Thanks for your help I will try it.

RJ

Post #: 3
RE: No connection to the AD/DC - 8.Feb.2004 4:23:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Raul,

The system policy elements that are not disabled are enabled by default. You can see which ones are disabled by the icon next to the System Policy element.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 4
RE: No connection to the AD/DC - 8.Feb.2004 8:04:00 PM   
Raul E Jimenez

Thansk Mr.Tom,

I got connectivity but have to create a specific Firewall Rule from Local Host to all Internals.

Those policies and rules that by default are disable, It is possible to enable? or the admin has to create a rule that match it?

Thanks

Post #: 5
RE: No connection to the AD/DC - 9.Feb.2004 3:59:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Raul,

You can edit the firewall policy and change those policy elements. Right click on any of the rules and click edit system policy.

HTH,
Tom

Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> No connection to the AD/DC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts