• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 16.Feb.2004 1:43:00 PM   
tshinder

This thread is for discussing the article on using the Edge Network Template at http://isaserver.org/tutorials/2004edgefirewall.html

Thanks!
Tom

[ February 16, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: tshinder ]
Post #: 1
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 19.Feb.2004 1:20:00 PM   
On a similar topic, i think in ISA2000 if you set up a tri-homed server ie external-DMZ-LAN you had to use public addresses for the DMZ. Is this correct and if so is it still the case with isa2004 beta? I have Firewall-1 setup with public ip's on external interfaces and private addresses on the DMZ and LAN eg DMZ 192.168.3.0 LAN 192.168.1.0 and it works fine. I am trying to do this with ISA2004 and not having much luck. I can publish a web server from DMZ but can't get anything much else to work regars the DMZ. eg can't ping internal network from DMZ even if i create a rule to allow all traffic from DMZ to LAN. Any ideas?

(in reply to tshinder)
  Post #: 2
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 20.Feb.2004 1:05:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi A,

You can create DMZs from public or private addresses now, firewall policy is applied to all communications. You should be able to define your networks, create the network relationship, and then create Access Policy to control the traffic you can to move between the networks.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 20.Feb.2004 3:36:00 AM   
zhangmeibo

Hi , Tom

I think the template in ISA Server 2004 is a great improved than ISA Server 2000 , It is comprehensible than ISA Server 2000 .

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 20.Feb.2004 11:55:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Meibo,

The template does simplify the setup to a great extent! However, users will still need to configure DNS correctly on the interfaces. I'll do an article for DNS on ISA 2004 so that everyone knows how to setup their DNS servers correctly.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 9.Mar.2004 11:41:00 PM   
Lambera

great artical right up my ally.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 6
RE: Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template - 10.Mar.2004 11:43:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi AJ,

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Discussion on the Edge Firewall Network Template Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts