• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows Media Player

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Windows Media Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows Media Player - 14.Sep.2004 8:47:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

I can't seem to get windows media player to go through ISA2004, it works fine on the ISA2000 server. As of now I have set the firewall access rule to alow all protocols, but when I click on a moive trailer to test from windows media site I get "cna't acces file Error ID = 0xC00D11D2, Condition ID = 0x00000000". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows Media Player - 15.Sep.2004 4:18:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Jamie,

What protocols are failing?

Does it work when the Firewall client is enabled? Make sure the user didn't disable the firewall client software.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to isa_dont_know)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows Media Player - 15.Sep.2004 4:03:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

Hey Tom,
This is what I get form my ISA log.
554-RTSP-Failed Connection Attempt- ISA/jhussey
8080-Failed Connection Attempt- anonymous
8080-HTTP-Failed Connection Attempt- anonymous
8080-HTTP-Denied-(Allow Rule)-anonymous
80-HTTP-Allowed-(Allow Rule)-ISA/jhussey-GET-www.google.com
I unistalled the firewall client and reinstalled with the same out come, I also tried it on some other systems with the same result. The ALLOW rule as of now is set to all outbound traffic from internal to external.
Thanks for any help Jamie

Post #: 3
RE: Windows Media Player - 21.Sep.2004 10:26:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

I tried media player using the ISA server and everything works great, still no luck with workstations either with the firewall client or with out. When I launch from the server the log files ALLOWS traffic from 8080 to 8080 Local Host to Local Host. When I try from the workstations I get 8080 to 8080 Internal to Local Host Denied. The only rule I have as now allows all traffic through, I have no problem accessing any other sites. If you got any ideas give me shout.
Jamie

Post #: 4
RE: Windows Media Player - 22.Sep.2004 8:34:00 PM   
grinn253

Hey i was running into the same thing today! [Smile] Here is a test link:
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I think this is related to WMP not being able to authenticate users, there was a similar question to this regarding IE, and the "Require all users to authenticate," in another thread IIRC.

Edgardo

Post #: 5
RE: Windows Media Player - 22.Sep.2004 9:19:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

Thanks for the reply, I tried that a few days ago and I get a error in media player "winHTTP.dll", I know this was a problem with ISA 2000 but was fixed with a service pack.

Post #: 6
RE: Windows Media Player - 22.Sep.2004 9:26:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

Just tried media player on a xp workstation, and it works great, still no luck on the win2k workstations.

Post #: 7
RE: Windows Media Player - 23.Sep.2004 6:52:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

Ok, I installed Mozilla on one of the win2k workstations and made it the default browser, now media player works fine, so there something up with IE6sp1. I'm going to reinstall to see if that work's
Jamie

Post #: 8
RE: Windows Media Player - 24.Sep.2004 8:17:00 PM   
isa_dont_know

Reinstalled IE6, still unable to connect. So I went back and changed the proxy setting under the internel side to accept basic authenication, well that did the trick, the only problem is it now prompts for a User ID & Password everytime I log onto the internet, even running the firewall client. So any ideas on why Integrated with not work with media player

Post #: 9
RE: Windows Media Player - 27.Sep.2004 9:31:00 PM   
grinn253

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Hussey:
Reinstalled IE6, still unable to connect. So I went back and changed the proxy setting under the internel side to accept basic authenication, well that did the trick, the only problem is it now prompts for a User ID & Password everytime I log onto the internet, even running the firewall client. So any ideas on why Integrated with not work with media player

Same ? here [Big Grin] Sample Link

[ September 27, 2004, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: grinn253 ]

Post #: 10
RE: Windows Media Player - 8.Nov.2004 7:29:00 PM   
wayoutfield

I get the same error as the guy who started this thread...

"can't acces file Error ID = 0xC00D11D2

I'm running Windows 2000 w/ISA 2004, w/Windows Media Play v/9.

Anybody ever come up with a solution?

Post #: 11
RE: Windows Media Player - 2.Mar.2006 12:00:43 AM   
kowcop

I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy

1. all windows XP / WMP9 users work fine
2. 80% of Windows 2000 / WMP9 users don't work yet the odd one here and there does

I can see no difference between a Windows 2000 machine that works vs one that doesnt. I am hoping some other people have come across this issue and have a solution?

(in reply to wayoutfield)
Post #: 12
RE: Windows Media Player - 6.Mar.2006 12:41:45 AM   
kowcop

I just wanted to spend 5 mins typing the fix for this.. I ended up contacting Microsoft support who came back with a bunch of suggestions..

Anyway, the problem in my case was related to Windows Media Player 9 (in Windows 2000) not authenticating to our ISA server. We found that on the particular asx file, XP would prompt for or passthrough authentication details, where 2000 would just bomb out instantly with the error 0xC00D11D2

The answer is to open internet explorer, and go to tools=>internet options=>advanced and down near the bottom, tick the checkbox 'enable integrated windows authentication (requires restart)'

This is ticked by default in XP, but not Windows 2000

(in reply to kowcop)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Windows Media Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts