• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

[Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> [Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses - 16.Mar.2005 6:12:00 PM   
Hi,

i think my question is rather simple, but i looked it up in T. Shinder's Book and google, but couldn't find the answer anywhere, perhaps because it's too simple ..

I want to add a firewall policy rule, and apply it for students. There is an OU in the active directory with all the students in it.

I made my ISA server part of the domain, and i'm loggin in using domain administrator credentials. But when i create a firewall policy and i want to add users, and i choose 'location', i can see 'whole active directory' and the name of our active directory, with a '+' on the left of it to fold it out, but when i click it, it disappears, and i can't see any users or groups. When i manually type in a username (e.g. administrator) it gives an error and says it couldn't be found.

When i make my ISA server backup domain controller i can see al the users and groups in the windows 2003 active directory users and groupes MMC, but still can't find them in ISA Server 2004.

What am i doing wrong (could it be something with DNS ? when i ping mainserver.ourdomain.local, i get a response ..)

thank you very much in advance (i've been trying all different kinds of things, but nothing seems to work)

Pieter Morlion
  Post #: 1
RE: [Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses - 17.Mar.2005 2:12:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Pieter,

Do you see any errors in the Event Viewer regarding intradomain communications?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: [Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses - 17.Mar.2005 9:01:00 PM   
Mantrata

Not only errors in the event viewer but is AD replication occuring between the GC and the DC you are using?

Take a look at the post RPC Failing in this forum for my answer to an AD replication problem I was having. Essentially, ISA cuts the DC off from the rest of the network so things such as AD replication fail. I solved this by Publishing RPC(All Interfaces) to the internal network. In all I have 13 seperate rules running on an ISA installed DC publishing various services to the internal interface.

I've learned that if you need access to a service then Publish it, if it is just access to a port or suchlike then use an access rule

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: [Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses - 18.Mar.2005 1:39:00 PM   
Hi,

i've formatted my ISA-server computer and installed a clean windows 2003 server OS and ISA server 2004. I've been checking the lgos, and the error that probably causes my problems is 1030: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects..

Does anybody have any experience with this error ? I've been searching google the whole day, but no solution was found yet.

Thanks,

Pieter

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> [Firewall Policy] Add Active Directory uses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts