• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Unidentified IP Traffic Problem?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Unidentified IP Traffic Problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unidentified IP Traffic Problem? - 19.Mar.2005 11:17:00 PM   
Zboy

We recently installed ISA2004 and now trying to configure to pass traffic through the ISA from our DMZ to our Internal network for this device called Network Intelligence. Hosts in our DMZ have a NI FTP client installed that FTPs IIS and ISA, NT system logs to the main NI server. We cannot get the traffic from this FTP client to pass through the ISA2004sp1 server except to allow all protocols from the Host IP address to the NI server. I can see in the logs that the NI FTP client is trying to connect on port 21 BUT it gets denied as Unidentified IP traffic? Has anyone seen this? Is there a way to get this traffic to pass without allowing all traffic from a host in?
Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Unidentified IP Traffic Problem? - 28.Mar.2005 4:43:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi DZ,

If the application layer is encrypted, the FTP filter can't read the FTP information to manage the connection. What else might be hidden in that encrypted channel from the firewall?

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Zboy)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Unidentified IP Traffic Problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts