• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client connecting to ports 80 and 443

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Client connecting to ports 80 and 443 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client connecting to ports 80 and 443 - 4.May2005 3:48:00 AM   
joefromjersey200

I have a client who connects to the web via ISA 2004 server using web proxy without a problem however now they are trying to upload information to a web-based database. The company who runs the database tells me that I need to ˘open port 80 and port 443÷
This company doesnĂt provide any further info. They have a build in app to their database for checking to see whether the client can connect to their system and it fails everytime.
On my ISA 2004 server, I have all outbounds ports open. Now what do I do to make this client connect? How can I isolate the problem (to see if the issue is between client computer and the ISA 2004 server or whether the issue is with the firewall (ISA 2004 server) needing ports opened.
As far as I know the client connects to web sites via web proxy. I have not installed ISA proxy client on any computers. When I turn on logging I can see lines that show web proxy and secure NAT connections and so I am a bit confused on exactly what my clients are using.
The only configuration I have done to any client on my network is to type in the IP of my ISA server and port 80 into IE and tell it to use that for all protocols. It works fine for everything just not this.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

[ May 04, 2005, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: mismcsejersey ]
Post #: 1
RE: Client connecting to ports 80 and 443 - 4.May2005 3:58:00 AM   
LLigetfa

Install the FWC.

(in reply to joefromjersey200)
Post #: 2
RE: Client connecting to ports 80 and 443 - 4.May2005 5:19:00 PM   
joefromjersey200

Okay, but if I install the FWC do I need to change my ISA access rules any to allow for the FWC

(in reply to joefromjersey200)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> Client connecting to ports 80 and 443 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts