• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal - 24.Sep.2005 11:21:00 AM   
TechNic

I have just completed an install of ISA 2004 and WebMarshal 3.5 but I am finding it difficult to enable remote management of the server and or applications. I have added my laptop to the ISA computer group 'Remote Management Computers', played with RDP access policies and I am able to successfully connect the ISA console to the server for ISA management. I cant however connect using the WebMarshal console and have been told by NetIQ support that its and ISA issue so they cant offer much support. A less that satisfactory workaround would be use Remote Desktop to manage WebMarshal however this too seems (at this point) to be unavailable.

Im hoping that all is required is an access policy within ISA to enable WM console to function correctly, anyone able to help with this?

Also would like Remote Desktop working if possible so that other remote functions are available to me, again Im assuming an access policy within ISA would be required but havenĘt figured it out as yet.
Post #: 1
RE: ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal - 24.Sep.2005 11:47:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi TechNic,

Configure the System Policy Rule to allow RDP connections to the ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to TechNic)
Post #: 2
RE: ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal - 25.Sep.2005 6:57:00 PM   
TechNic

The second system policy seems to be setup for remote management via MMC (from Remote Management Computers to Local Host). I believe that this policy is allowing me to connect via the ISA MMC and would have thought that this should also allow me to connect via the WebMarshal console...

The third system policy allows RDP (Terminal Services) from Remote Management Computers to Local Host. Im assuming this policy should be allowing me to connect via remote desktop on any computer listed under Remote Management Computers but for one reason or another I still can not establish a connection.

Does this sound like I have the required policies for what Im attempting to achieve? If so any thoughts on why connection can not be established?

(in reply to TechNic)
Post #: 3
RE: ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal - 28.Sep.2005 9:37:00 PM   
TechNic

NetIQ's support have indicated that port 19001 is used with WebMarshal Console so allowing this port should give me access. I have setup a firewall rule to allow 19001 (TCP) inbound and outbound for Remote Management Computers to Local Host however the issue still remains with the WM Console returning failing to connect.

(in reply to TechNic)
Post #: 4
RE: ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal - 2.Oct.2005 10:12:00 PM   
TechNic

no further ideas?

(in reply to TechNic)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Access Policies >> ISA 2004 & NetIQ WebMarshal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts