• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

combination of problems

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> combination of problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
combination of problems - 24.Mar.2005 3:13:00 AM   
zodiaczz

There is a few issues I am coming into the first being below

Description: ISA Server detected routes through adapter "Internal" that do not correlate with the network element to which this adapter belongs. The address ranges in conflict are: 192.168.0.27-192.168.0.27;. Fix the network element and/or the routing table to make these ranges consistent; they should be in both or in neither. If you recently created a remote site network, check if the event recurs. If it does not, you may safely ignore this message. Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID: 14147
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 10:17:44 AM
User: N/A
Computer: Server1
Description:
ISA Server detected routes through adapter "Internal" that do not correlate with the network element to which this adapter belongs. The address ranges in conflict are: 192.168.0.66-192.168.0.66;. Fix the network element and/or the routing table to make these ranges consistent; they should be in both or in neither. If you recently created a remote site network, check if the event recurs. If it does not, you may safely ignore this message.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I get this but there is some issues revolving around it. 192.168.0.66 is my server address.
Article suggests removing my networks and adding the adapter instead. Issues I am having which might be causing some of my errors

1. If I choose to add the adapter for my internal network, it breaks off my subnet, instead of seeing 192.168.0.0 subnet it breaks it off so I am actually missing 5 ip addresses. I have determined the 5 addresses turns out they are from routing and remote access and are being used for remote clients, it is ok to add the adapter, will the adapter dynamically change when the remote clients change?

2. During upgrades etc, my default sites in Windows Active directory sites and services changed. I have 3 sites. the first two sites are set up as 192.168.x.x /24 like a class C. However the last site for reasons unknown has changed to 192.168.x.x /22. Can I change that, is that causing some of my problems?

Some thoughts or ideas would be great

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: combination of problems - 28.Mar.2005 4:53:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Z,

If you use DHCP, you don't need to take the VPN addresses out of the addresses used on the ISA firewall Network.

However, if you use a static address pool, you will need to take them out of the ISA firewall Network Definition.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to zodiaczz)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> combination of problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts