• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mozilla Firefox compatibility

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Mozilla Firefox compatibility Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mozilla Firefox compatibility - 3.Jun.2005 4:24:00 AM   
pmuiruri

Hi Dr. Shinder.

I enjoy all your articles as you continue to demonstrate the punch behind ISA 2004. For those of use who use Mozilla Firefox, the articles are littered with illegal characters. Take a look at this article you posted recently:

"In the last six months I�ve been pleasantly surprised by the number of companies who have come to the realization that protection provided by basic stateful packet inspection-only firewalls just isn�t enough to protect networks from today�s blended network and application layer attacks."

There are no issues with IE. Is it possible to format your articles so that Firefox can display them as well as IE?

Many Thanks. Patrick.

[ June 03, 2005, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: muiruri ]
Post #: 1
RE: Mozilla Firefox compatibility - 3.Jun.2005 4:59:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Patrick,

We use a FrontPage interface, so that might be part of it. Use IE, I use it exclusively and consider it as secure as Firefox -- and with increasing bug and threats targeted at Firefox, its about as unsecure as IE, but without the functionality.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to pmuiruri)
Post #: 2
RE: Mozilla Firefox compatibility - 8.Jul.2005 6:49:00 PM   
geekp0wer

I stumbled on this post while I was trying to figure out why my firefox browser was requesting several auth attempts when I turned on proxy authentication on the ISA server I am testing.

Very informed people disagree with you when you state that IE is as secure as Firefox.

˘Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser.÷ - USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/2004-09-08-zombieinfect_x.htm

˘Better than Internet Explorer by leaps and bounds.÷ - FORBES

http://www.forbes.com/2004/09/29/cx_ah_0929tentech.html?partner=tentech_newsletter

I recently bought your ISA 2004 book and have been mostly pleased with the content. I was even suprised with some of your candid statements about where ISA server has room to improve. This encouraging to me as a senior security admin with years of experience with Checkpoint and PIX. Where other security admins will write off Microsoft without review its products I prefer to be able to work with the Microsoft admins in my job.

But statements like this about IE are not helpful. I can only think that you are taking the easy way out because you don't want to deal with Firefox or you don't have the ablility to look at the subject objectively since your pay check is tied to M$ success.

[ July 08, 2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: geekp0wer ]

(in reply to pmuiruri)
Post #: 3
RE: Mozilla Firefox compatibility - 28.Jul.2005 11:58:00 AM   
AbqBill

Hi gp,

Firefox natively supports integrated NTLM authentication (tested and verified here). Make sure that you don't use "Require all users to authenticate" as this will almost certainly generate extra logon dialogs.

HTH,

Bill

(in reply to pmuiruri)
Post #: 4
RE: Mozilla Firefox compatibility - 28.Jul.2005 1:43:00 PM   
ISAServerTools

I use firefox quite regularly and often view this site with it, using it now as a matter of fact... works fine here.

I suspect it is some problem with the language version of firefox you have installed.

(in reply to pmuiruri)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Mozilla Firefox compatibility Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts