• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filtering access from each other

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filtering access from each other Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filterin... - 6.Oct.2005 3:36:00 AM   
Ashokk001

Hello all,

Is it possible to connect two internal networks together and put some restrictions between them?. We need to allow access to another internal network but only on specific ports.

I have ISA 2004 standard edition installed and has three NICs. The idea is that one will be used for External access, one for Internal and third for another internal network.

We are also looking to put filtering software (Surf Control) on the ISA server to content filtering from both networks. Also the ISA will be used to access the internet from both networks.

Any ideas or have i got this completely wrong?

Ashok.
Post #: 1
RE: Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filt... - 12.Oct.2005 6:07:00 AM   
rosscoid

Sounds like an easy setup. Route between the 2 internal networks with service (port) restrictions and NAT (or Proxy) both internal networks to the Internet.

I'd use Websense - I believe it's better than SurfControl!

(in reply to Ashokk001)
Post #: 2
RE: Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filt... - 17.Oct.2005 1:42:00 AM   
jitendra_pipalia

Hi Ashokk & rossciod

Ilike to use 4 network card .

I hev to vlan one is 172.16.33.0/24 and 172.16.34.0/24 .
Hence i want one interface should use 172.16.33.0/24
Second should use 172.16.34.0/24 .
My other 2 interface is used for adsl line.
means 3 interface for adsl 1
4th interface adsl 2 line.

My requirement is my 172.16.33.0/24 traffice should use adsl 1 for internet and my other 172.16.34.0/24 should use adsl 2 line.

How it is possible
can u guide me to do this set up.

Regards
jitendra

(in reply to Ashokk001)
Post #: 3
RE: Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filt... - 17.Oct.2005 8:17:00 AM   
rosscoid

Hi jitendra,

What you are trying to achieve is like 'source based routing' which isn't possible using just Windows server and / or ISA. Routing decisions, to use this ISP router or the other ISP router, can be made easily based on the destination of traffic by just adding routes in the OS, but to route depedning on source address you need a 3rd party plug-in such as RainConnect from Rainfinity.

RainConnect should be able to solve your problem - and do a load more too, like load balance the lines, let you add more ADSL lines in the future and control which protocol / services use which ISP lines.

Because of all this extra functionality it may be priced above what you would expect to pay, but take a look at the introductory slideshow on this site http://www.raininfo.co.uk

(in reply to Ashokk001)
Post #: 4
RE: Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filt... - 12.Nov.2005 9:49:04 PM   
Ashokk001

Sorry for not getting back

Thanks for your suggestions i have it setup the way you described/suggested. Created two internal networks and have a route relationship between these networks and a NAT to the external from both internal networks. Works fine.

I looked at websense but it was a bit out of our budget and surf control did offer some discount as our establishment is educational.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated!

Ashok.

(in reply to rosscoid)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Using ISA to connect two Internal networks and filtering access from each other Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts