• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Discusion about multi ISP and RainConnect

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Discusion about multi ISP and RainConnect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discusion about multi ISP and RainConnect - 10.Oct.2005 6:18:00 AM   
lovrov

Hello,

I found out that rainconnect is always mentioned when there is a question abount multiple ISP.

I have several requirements and I would like to know what is covered with RainConnect and what should I use for requirements where RainConnect is not enough.

1.) I would like to fix some outbound traffec to one ISP (ie. SMTP), and some traffice to another (ie. ftp).

2.) If connection to one ISP is broken, I woulfd like that all traffic would pass through another ISP automatically.

3.) I would also like to do some definitions for inbound traffice. I would like to access to one web server through first ISP and another Web server through the second ISP.

4.) I would also like to have automatic failover for inbound connection automatically (ie mail could be received from anywhere without any intervention).

5.) I would like to reserve bandwith for certain traffice (ie for VPN clients there always should be 20 % of all)

Please let me know.

Regards,
Lovro
Post #: 1
RE: Discusion about multi ISP and RainConnect - 11.Oct.2005 12:05:00 PM   
rosscoid

quote:
1.) I would like to fix some outbound traffec to one ISP (ie. SMTP), and some traffice to another (ie. ftp).
RainConnect can do this. Within RainConnect it is possible to define a set of rules that control how traffic is handled. For example, you can fix FTP to ISP1, SMTP to ISP2, and HTTP to ISP3 then specify if ISP3 fails as well, HTTP uses ISP1.

quote:
2.) If connection to one ISP is broken, I would like that all traffic would pass through another ISP automatically.
RainConnect can do this. This is what RainConnect is primarily designed to do.

quote:
3.) I would also like to do some definitions for inbound traffic. I would like to access to one web server through first ISP and another Web server through the second ISP.
RainConnect can do this. RainConnect has a built in DNS engine, simply register RainConnect as the 'source of authority' for your DNS and it'll give out the necessary IP addresses when people make DNS lookup requests to your domain.

quote:
4.) I would also like to have automatic failover for inbound connection automatically (ie mail could be received from anywhere without any intervention).
RainConnect can do this. Because RainConnect is in control of the DNS replies (IP addresses) it can change to another ISP if a line fails. With mail you could use MX preferences to achieve a similar effect but for A records RainConnect is the only way to do it.

quote:
5.) I would like to reserve bandwith for certain traffice (ie for VPN clients there always should be 20 % of all)
RainConnect can't do this! Sorry, 4 out of 5 isn't bad. You could use RainConnect to dedicate a particular ISP line just for VPN, but it is not possible to 'shape', 'throttle' or 'guarantee' bandwidth for a protocol.

There's some more information in the FAQ section of this UK website www.oxygensecure.co.uk or try Rainfinity's pages at www.rainfinity.com

Regards,

(in reply to lovrov)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Network Infrastructure >> Discusion about multi ISP and RainConnect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts