• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with Firewall client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Problem with Firewall client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Firewall client - 22.Mar.2004 9:57:00 AM   
Hi,

I just installed ISA 2004 Beta on a test server (W2k,single NIC) and want to try to connect with the firewall client. I could not connect with the ISA2000 client so I installed the 2004 version but still it won't connect. If I connect to the old ISA everything works fine (also with the new client). If I connect to the test server (added allow all protocols from all networks to localhost as the first rule) I can see my system communication over the control channel (port 1745 - unidentified IP traffic (??) - established, next line the same but Closed connection) but the FWClient reports: Failed to connect to server.

Can someone help me here??

Many thanks,

Danee
  Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Firewall client - 22.Mar.2004 10:43:00 AM   
Danee

Ok, strike that, I found it, it's the single NIC setup.

It's explained in: Templates tab in the Task Pane in Configuration - Networks

Cheers,

Danee

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Firewall client - 22.Mar.2004 10:50:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Danee,

That's right. The single NIC setup represents a crippled version of the firewall. You can't use most of the firewall features of ISA 2004. Its similar to the "cache mode" version of ISA 2000.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Firewall client - 8.Aug.2004 9:25:00 AM   
jseyadi

I understand what you're guys are saying here but I'm using a single NIC on the ISA and I deployed the FWC using GPO, when I manully configure the FWC to connect to my ISA server it works fine. So can you explain to me what do you mean when you say that ISA in a single Network adaptor mode will not support FWC.

The only problem I'm facing is that I'm not able to force the FWC to autodetect the ISA server.

By the way, I used the FWC because I needed to use MSN messanger plus i required only authinticated users to use the internet.

Any comments!.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with Firewall client - 30.Sep.2004 2:32:00 PM   
istari

Hi Jassim,

I have the exact same setup and problem that you have / had... I need to be able to let users use MSN but also need the authentication enabled... So I would like to try to solve this via the firewall client aswell. My problem is that when ISA is installed with the single nic template (i assume this is the problem) the mspclnt share isn't available... so where can I locate the firewall client?

cheers
/Claes

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Problem with Firewall client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts