FTP on firewall client (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

Linke Loe -> FTP on firewall client (7.Aug.2004 5:20:00 PM)

Hi all,

I cannot acces FTP-sites from a PC configured as firewall client. I have one access rule, wich allows all protocols from internal to extarnal for all users.

I get connected to the FTP server but get no dir-list. I tried PASV and PORT. I only get a dir-list when I disable the firewall client.

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (7.Aug.2004 10:21:00 PM)

Hi Linke,

What site can't you connect to?

Thanks!
Tom

Linke Loe -> RE: FTP on firewall client (8.Aug.2004 1:19:00 PM)

I cannot connect to any FTP-site when the firewall client is enabled. When I disable the firewall client I can connect.

Linke Loe -> RE: FTP on firewall client (11.Aug.2004 10:25:00 AM)

Does anyone have an idea what I should do to allow FTP when firewall client is enabled?

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (11.Aug.2004 12:54:00 PM)

Hi Linke,

No trick. It just works. What do you log files show?

Thanks!
Tom

Linke Loe -> RE: FTP on firewall client (12.Aug.2004 10:37:00 PM)

The logs don't show anything wrong. It's just that I cannot get a dirlist when the firewall client is enabled.

FORsaken -> RE: FTP on firewall client (16.Aug.2004 10:09:00 AM)

i have the same Problem over here ... my FTP Server is not allowing PORT connections .. i want to use only PASV on my FTP Server ...

with CUTEFTP or FLASHFXP i can control those selections but not within IE6 !

so use Deticated FTP Client buddy ...

I will continue to try and config IE6 for PORT Command .....

as i think of it ... on ISA 2000 i have succeded to make an PASV and PORT connection to my FTP Server from any IE6 Client .... mmmmmm ??? ...

[ August 16, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: FORsaken ]

FORsaken -> RE: FTP on firewall client (16.Aug.2004 10:44:00 AM)

after some looking around , i saw my FTP Server Firewall log , ISA Server tried to reach my FTP Server in diffrent unknown port's like 4272 and some other wierd ports ...

Interesting .. why it didnt happen with ISA 2000 ????

i will continue to check it up ...

Linke Loe -> RE: FTP on firewall client (16.Aug.2004 11:49:00 AM)

I don't think it's the same problem. I don't have a problem with my FTP-server, but with an FTP-client, trying to connect to external sites, with the firewall client enabled. It gets connected, but it doesn't receive a directory list. When the firewall client is disabled, everything works fine.

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (17.Aug.2004 12:25:00 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by Linke Loe:
The logs don't show anything wrong. It's just that I cannot get a dirlist when the firewall client is enabled.

Hi Linke,

What site can't you reach when the Firewall Client is enabled?

Thanks!
Tom

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (17.Aug.2004 12:27:00 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by Linke Loe:
I don't think it's the same problem. I don't have a problem with my FTP-server, but with an FTP-client, trying to connect to external sites, with the firewall client enabled. It gets connected, but it doesn't receive a directory list. When the firewall client is disabled, everything works fine.

Hi Linke,

What's sites can't you reach? Are you using the command line FTP client? Or the Web Proxy FTP connection?

Thanks!
Tom

Linke Loe -> RE: FTP on firewall client (18.Aug.2004 12:01:00 PM)

I cannot reach any site at all. My client connects, logs me in and tries to get the dir-list, but I don't get the dir-list.

I use LeechFTP as FTP-client.

Guest -> RE: FTP on firewall client (2.Sep.2004 9:14:00 PM)

I have the same issue... The funny thing is if I use the 2000 ISA client or the Proxy 2.0 client pointed to the ISA 2004 box and try it, I can retreive a directory listing.

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (3.Sep.2004 1:48:00 PM)

Hey guys,

Have you installed the ISA firewall with two NICs? Also, what firewall errors do you see in the Event Viewer?

Thanks!
Tom

AddarioClaudio -> RE: FTP on firewall client (7.Sep.2004 8:47:00 AM)

Hi Mr. tshinder

It seems to be a real problem with a FTP connection trought the Firewall Client 2004 in avtive mode! We took a client and put it into the same network like our ISA Server 2004 and then we configured the Client as a secureNAT client, the active FTP Connection function properly! Then we installed the Firewall Client on the same client, we got connection but a list is impossible! A microsoft post gave us no real answer they have no idea! Please help us!

tshinder -> RE: FTP on firewall client (7.Sep.2004 3:32:00 PM)

Hi AddarioClaudio,

What sites are giving your this problem? I've tested multiple FTP sites with the Firewall client only connection and have no problems.

HTH,
Tom

System II -> RE: FTP on firewall client (23.Sep.2004 4:36:00 PM)

Use the "passive mode" in your Ftp-program, it realy works

Ron [Big Grin]

manguonden -> RE: FTP on firewall client (24.Sep.2004 7:49:00 AM)

I can connect FTP Server with FTP Client, but i cannot upload on FTP Server. I need help. I try Disable Firewall Client but it dont work.

azfar -> RE: FTP on firewall client (24.Sep.2004 7:58:00 AM)

I think you guys are unable to upload on ftp becauze in ftp filtering read only is checked by default. Just remove the check and give it a try.

brman23 -> RE: FTP on firewall client (28.Sep.2004 12:14:00 PM)

Is there any specific rule i would have to set, to allow outbound FTP? I set up a rule that should allow specified users access to all FTP - Sites. But the logging of the firewall only says: denied connection - default rule. But I have acknowledged the rule and should be able to ftp...

thanks,
manuel

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>