• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Client and Tablet PC

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Client and Tablet PC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Client and Tablet PC - 1.Oct.2004 4:28:00 PM   
[JiF]Mike

I've recently upgraded my ISA2000 server to ISA2004. So far I've been able to get things working like I want them too. I ran into a little problem today. Yesterday I installed the client on my tablet pc. It did not require a restart so I didn't restart. This morning when I booted up, it took forever to get past the "Preparing network connections..." portion. Then it appeared to hang after typing in my UN and PW. I let it run for 10 minutes and nothing happened, so I restarted. I tried again and got the same results.

I then logged in as the local computer admin, and checked the event log. I had some errors about some services stopping like "Autoupdate" and other misc stuff. Nothing that had much to do with the network, though most required the network. I checked out ipconfig and noticed I had no IP address. Now I know the DHCP server is running cause I was the only one having trouble. After looking at device manager and a few other things, I remembered that I installed the firewall client yesterday, so I removed it. As soon as I rebooted my PC was working again.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem? I was really surprised to see no events about DHCP not being able to ontain an address. I have 15 of these tablets that I would like to deploy the software too, and I'm really concerned about doing it now. Any thought as to a solution, I have not found anything yet.
Post #: 1
RE: Client and Tablet PC - 2.Oct.2004 7:37:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Mike,

We have serveral Tablet PCs in our office (I like to call them "PadPCs" [Smile]

Anyhow, we've not have any problem with the Firewall client on these machines, and we always install the Firewall client on all machines that support it.

Do you think its the Firewall client causing the problem on your PadPCs?

thanks!
Tom

(in reply to [JiF]Mike)
Post #: 2
RE: Client and Tablet PC - 4.Oct.2004 4:42:00 PM   
[JiF]Mike

Well, if it's working on your tablets I would have to rule out the Tablet PC edition of XP. Which I was having a hard time believing that it was the cause anyway. The only thing I am sure of right now is that when I installed the client my tablet would not get it's IP addy from our DHCP server. It must be something specific to these tablets, though I am not sure what at this point. I did just get our spare tablet back from repair (had a bad video card) so I can use that one to test, instead of mine! [Smile] There is nothing really unusual about our tablets. I'll load up the client on the other tablet and report back shortly. Thanx for your response.

(in reply to [JiF]Mike)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Client and Tablet PC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts