• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 FW Client?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 FW Client? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 FW Client? - 7.Jan.2005 2:58:00 AM   
jeremyts

Hi,

Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 Firewall Client?

There doesn't seem to be, so I am a bit confused about how this works.

Is it a dynamic configuration? By that I mean that if the FW Client cannot contact the ISA server, it seems to have no effect on traffic, acting as though it's disabled.

The reason behind this question is that I've just been doing some testing for a client who provides his staff with laptops. When the users work from home, they currently need to disable the ISA 2000 firewall client, otherwise they donĘt have Internet connectivity. I've found that if there is no need to disable the ISA 2004 client, as it puts itself into an inactive state when the ISA server is inaccessible.

Cheers,
Jeremy.
Post #: 1
RE: Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 FW Client? - 11.Jan.2005 1:43:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jeremy,

Its sort of messed up with ISA 2004. Check the Help file on this issue and you'll see there are several places where the client config files are located, and also, the files are actually never written to disk (from what I can tell), which makes it even more fun [Smile]

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to jeremyts)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Is there an mspclnt.ini for the ISA 2004 FW Client? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts