• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client - 11.May2005 3:21:00 PM   
ke4sfq

I just bought 2 Dlink DCS-2000 cameras that are IP based network cameras. When I try to access one of their internal web servers to monitor it by simplying going to http://ip as soon as the video starts to appear the IE broswser (or firefox too) closes and goes away.

I called D-Link thinking there was a problem with the cameras and after several troubleshooting steps, the support person asked if I had an ISA Firewall. To my supprise I said yes and he said the ISA Firewall client was incompatbile and I should disable it while watching the camera.

I diabled the firewall client and all works great. This will get me by, but I can't figure out why this is a problem and if there is a way to get around it do I dont' have to disable/enable the firewall client everytime I want to watch a camera.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client - 12.May2005 12:04:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Kevin,

Are the cameras and the client on the same ISA firewall Network? If so, then Direct Access is automatic and the Firewall client should not even see the connection attempt.

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to ke4sfq)
Post #: 2
RE: D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client - 12.May2005 2:50:00 PM   
ke4sfq

Yes, they are on the same subnet and we have that IP range in the direct access but it still happens unless we close the ISA Firewall Client. It didn't make since to me either since we are on the same subnet and that ip range is marked as Internal.

(in reply to ke4sfq)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> D-Link Cameras Uncompatible with Firewall Client Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts