Firewall client slow internet surfing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

adamchen -> Firewall client slow internet surfing (9.Jun.2005 11:42:00 PM)

After I roll out firewall client program to client computers, all users complianed about the internet surfing speed. It become slower than using web proxy. Any ideas?

[ July 21, 2005, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Adam Chen ]

tshinder -> RE: Firewall client slow internet surfing (14.Jun.2005 7:03:00 PM)

Hi Adam,

Remember, the firewall client installation changes the Web proxy settings. Check the chapter in the book on client deployment and you'll learn the secrets of doing this right and getting optimal performance. I get 15Mbps on our FiOS line using Web proxy and Firewall client.

HTH,
Tom

adamchen -> RE: Firewall client slow internet surfing (21.Jul.2005 2:10:00 AM)

Hi Tom,
If I configured ISA firewall client with web proxy setting, the surfing speed is acceptable, but if I did not set the web proxy, the speed is really slow. Any idea?

Thanks.

Adam

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Adam,

Remember, the firewall client installation changes the Web proxy settings. Check the chapter in the book on client deployment and you'll learn the secrets of doing this right and getting optimal performance. I get 15Mbps on our FiOS line using Web proxy and Firewall client.

HTH,
Tom

LLigetfa -> RE: Firewall client slow internet surfing (21.Jul.2005 11:28:00 AM)

When using the FWC, DNS is resolved locally at the client. When WP is set, DNS is resolved at the ISA server. You may want to start by looking at how your DNS is setup.

Page: [1]