• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users - 1.Jul.2005 5:50:00 AM   
kennethb

Hi,

I'm running ISA Server 2004 (in an Active Directory environment, with IAS authentication). I have created a Policy Rule that allows Ping.

This rule now applies to only one user (running firewall client). But when that user tries to ping, it still does not work. It seems like the user is having problems authenticating with the isa server (i have tried applying both radius user and AD users to the policy).

Does the Firewall client authenticate with ISA? Does SecureNAT clients authenticate?

Best regards,
Kenneth J. Bjornstad
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users - 1.Jul.2005 10:02:00 AM   
LLigetfa

FWC does, S-NAT does not. Ping is evil and not very practical anyway. That is why MS hid it in the system policy.

(in reply to kennethb)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users - 1.Jul.2005 10:08:00 AM   
isawader

Ping is an ICMP protocol, which is a non-TCP/UDP protocol. Firewall client only handles TCP/UDP. When someone pings, his/her machine behaves as secureNAT client and ISA sees only the IP number of the machine. So if you want to control ping, it has to be based on the IP set.

(in reply to kennethb)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Problems with applying Policy rules to specified users Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts