Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

a13antichrist -> Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (6.Jul.2005 11:52:00 PM)

When a new user logs on to a machine, the FWC is disabled and displays "no ISA server detected". If I configure the client to "manually select ISA server" I can give it the server name and the server gets detected, and all browser settings are configured. BUT at the moment I have to do this for every user as the server is not detected automatically.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Cheers

ClintD -> RE: Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (7.Jul.2005 2:03:00 AM)

Under Networks\Internal\<properties>\Web Proxy\Authentication - is the option for "Require All Users to Authenticate" enabled?

If so, then you'll need to use the <link>SkipAuthenticationForRoutingInformation registry key for Firewall Clients to retrieve WPAD.

[ July 07, 2005, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: ClintD ]

toddflash -> RE: Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (22.Jul.2005 7:55:00 PM)

Thanks man, I was wondering the exact same thing. Now I will fearlessly rollout the firewall client program! (okay i'm just really overworked and ready for the weekend)

jay24k -> RE: Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (15.Aug.2005 10:34:00 AM)

Did this work for you? I have tried this setting and it does not detect it still.

jay24k -> RE: Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (15.Aug.2005 10:38:00 AM)

This is what we are noticing. When you restart the service with the registry setting, all it does is uncheck the authentication box. So what is the point in that?

Matt16 -> RE: Firewall client doens't detect ISA - but finds it manually (26.Aug.2005 11:56:00 AM)

I have had just the same issue, what I found was that it wasn't registered within my DNS so resolved that and it found it ok, that is if this just a very late post to a problem already resolved.

If so apologies for joining the party late

Page: [1]