• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Firewall Client conundrum

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client conundrum Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Firewall Client conundrum - 7.Jul.2005 10:29:00 AM   
reial

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

Recently my workstations seemed to "drop" off the network and no longer could acquire a DHCP address. The only way I could get the client computer to get back onto the network was to give the computer a static ip address, and with 175 workstations around the factory I was not about to do that, so after a little investigation I found that turning off the firewall client for ISA server 2000 - ta dah! - the client workstation was able to acquire a DHCP address once again. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and had some type of resolution. For some reason, people want the internet, who knew the fad would last?

Oh and just for some background, there were no changes to the ISA server, this just upped and happened out of the blue.
Post #: 1
RE: Firewall Client conundrum - 8.Jul.2005 2:47:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Ron,

Where these clients connecting to an ISA 2004 firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to reial)
Post #: 2
RE: Firewall Client conundrum - 9.Jul.2005 12:10:00 AM   
reial

The clients were connecting to ISA Server 2000

(in reply to reial)
Post #: 3
RE: Firewall Client conundrum - 9.Jul.2005 8:49:00 AM   
LLigetfa

If these are 2000 clients connecting to a 2000 server, you should be posting to the 2000 forum.

(in reply to reial)
Post #: 4
RE: Firewall Client conundrum - 11.Jul.2005 9:12:00 PM   
reial

quote:
Originally posted by LLigetfa:
If these are 2000 clients connecting to a 2000 server, you should be posting to the 2000 forum.

Not to be rude, but help is help. ISA server help that is. If this happens to ISA Server 2000 clients then there is a possiblity it could happen to ISA Server 2004 clients no matter what version of ISA Server one is using. If you have any thoughts or even better, a solution on this please help, don't bother with trivalties about where this is posted. I just found this forum, found this topic and thought I would post. Thats all, I did not know that I would offend someone by just asking for help. Can you help? If you can please do, I would very much appreciate it. If not, keep these types of posts off this topic. Thanks if advance for any help.

(in reply to reial)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Firewall Client conundrum Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts