Firewall client: Post install of ISA 2004 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client

thecoffeeguy -> Firewall client: Post install of ISA 2004 (28.Sep.2005 1:52:00 PM)

I just finished installing ISA 2004 as well as putting on SP1.

However, during the install, I opted not to setup a share to hold the firewall client for workstations. When I think back on this, I am wondering if I should have done this.

1.) Is it fairly safe to put a share on the ISA Server to hold the firewall client share?

2.) If so, is there a way to redo that part of the installation and make the share on the ISA server? Maybe if I re-run the install, there is a add/remove feature?

Just thought i'd ask.

Cheers,

Jason

LLigetfa -> RE: Firewall client: Post install of ISA 2004 (28.Sep.2005 2:48:00 PM)

The general consensus is that it is NOT safe to host the share on the ISA server. You can easily host it on any other member server.

thecoffeeguy -> RE: Firewall client: Post install of ISA 2004 (28.Sep.2005 6:42:00 PM)

Fair enough.

I still need to figure out how and where I get the Firewall client piece. [Confused]

Cheers,
Jason

LLigetfa -> RE: Firewall client: Post install of ISA 2004 (28.Sep.2005 10:30:00 PM)

Just pop the CD in the member server and select only the client share install option.
Oh, and don't forget to install SP1 afterwards.

[ September 28, 2005, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: LLigetfa ]

Page: [1]