• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Continuous prompting for password

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Continuous prompting for password Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Continuous prompting for password - 13.Oct.2005 11:54:00 AM   
Redrum1999

I have inherited an ISA 2004 install. It is currently setup for Secure NAT only. I have begun to test the Firewall client. I am currently having two issues. Issue number one: I am prompted for a password any time I access an external web page. Issue number two: In the Firewall Client agent I can not ˘Automatically detect ISA Server÷. I can ˘Manually select ISA Server÷ though. Are these issues interrelated? We do require all internal network users to authenticate.

[ October 14, 2005, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: BeverageDistr ]
Post #: 1
RE: Continuous prompting for password - 14.Oct.2005 3:19:00 PM   
Redrum1999

I fixed the AutoDetect Server issue. The wpad entry had been deleted from DNS and the automatic discovery request port had been changed to 8080.

I know that the other issue is show how tied to the fact that we require all users to authenticate on the internal network. We need this feature to enable user IDs to be reported to Surf Control. Is there another way to do this?

[ October 14, 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: BeverageDistr ]

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 2
RE: Continuous prompting for password - 20.Oct.2005 7:17:00 PM   
skiril

Allowing or disallowing automatically detect IsaServer can be turned on/off in firewall client settings on IsaServer. Every time you change something you need to update client on every PC`s simply using "test server" button.
If everything configured ok and IsaServer can see user credentials (mean communicate with AD correctly) its only asks for username/password once ether when client connect to AD or in case of Macintosh when client open Internet Browser.
Try "Enable web browser automatic configuration" on the firewall client.
Turn on logging and see if ISA reject connection with client and why. Maybe some specific rule overrides connection credentials.

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 3
RE: Continuous prompting for password - 21.Oct.2005 1:10:00 PM   
Redrum1999

I bought Dr. Tom Shinder's "ISA Server 2004" book which helped me correct the issues we were having. The ID and Password prompting was because we were using the force authentication check box. The reason that the Surf Control software was not getting the user credentials after we un-checked this option is that we included the "All Users" group under HTTP Access rule.

Thanks to Dr. Tom for creating a manual that is user friendly. Microsoft Press books may help you pass a test but have no real world application.

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 4
RE: Continuous prompting for password - 1.Dec.2005 3:47:44 PM   
sbettoni

We are having the same issues with Surf Control. When you say the force authentication check box, are you talking about within the authentication tab on the Internal Network properties on the Web Proxy page?

(in reply to Redrum1999)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Continuous prompting for password Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts