• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Downstream FTP Client issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Downstream FTP Client issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downstream FTP Client issues - 31.Oct.2005 3:52:00 PM   
rglauser

I have a ISA 2000 server as a backend firewall in an extended network. (I am also evaluating ISA Server 2004 as a replacement) The ISA 2000 server is a stand alone server in it's own subnet. Authentication through the firewall is accomplished by local user accounts on the ISA server. Users needing internet access are web proxy clients only. Users that are within the LAN, but belong to different domains can connect to external ftp sites after the firewall client is installed on their machine. My problem is that users in downstream subnets, and by that I mean at the other end of a privately managed vpn cloud receive http:// 502 proxy errors, even though they have the firewall client installed on their machines. These users can browse the internet, and they can resolve the ip address of the ftp site so I don't think it's a dns issue. It doesn't matter if they use the Microsoft ftp client or a third party client. They still get error messages. We have already tried passive and active ftp along with folder lists. I've tried them as secure nat and as firewall clients only. I am at my wits end trying to figure this one out. Why does it work in the LAN but not across the WAN? All sites are contiguous subnets.
Post #: 1
RE: Downstream FTP Client issues - 11.Nov.2005 5:57:10 PM   
tshinder

Is the front-end ISA firewall an ISA firewall?

Thanks!
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to rglauser)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> Firewall Client >> Downstream FTP Client issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts