• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outbound IP address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Outbound IP address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outbound IP address - 27.Apr.2004 4:15:00 PM   
ZD

Hello,

My ISA 2004 server has multiple internet IP addresses assigned to its external NIC.

It publishes an SMTP server (among others).

How do I "fix" which IP address ISA2004 uses to communicate with the external world when when the SMTP server sends mail??

I ask this because couldn't there potentially be reverse DNS issues when sending to some mail servers (AOL!) if I cant fix which external IP address is used and associate it with an rDNS entry??

The reason for this is because out of the 10 internet IP's assigned to the ISA server, only 1 has a rDNS entry that points to mail.company.com. If I cant get the ISA server to look like its sending mail out of that IP each time the SMTP sends mail then there could be problems..... !

please help, thanks
-ZD
Post #: 1
RE: Outbound IP address - 28.Apr.2004 4:27:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi ZD,

You'll need to create reverse DNS entries for all your email domains to match the top IP address on the external interface of the ISA firewall.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to ZD)
Post #: 2
RE: Outbound IP address - 15.May2004 11:26:00 PM   
elgeezer

What i ended up doing was setting the primary IP of the external Nic to that of what my rdns pointed to (i.e instead of 82.*.*.27 i set it to 82.*.*.28 and set the .27 as an additional address,) this ensured my smtp was going out from a resolvable entry.
Hope that helps

[ May 15, 2004, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: elgeezer ]

(in reply to ZD)
Post #: 3
RE: Outbound IP address - 16.May2004 6:18:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi elgeezer,

That's what I usually do too. It works and its easy [Smile]

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to ZD)
Post #: 4
RE: Outbound IP address - 1.Nov.2004 6:16:00 PM   
rosscoid

So... it is not possible to define which IP on the external interface is used as the 'hide address' for SecureNAT clients?

I have a requirement where it is necessary for different internal networks to be hidden behind specific external IP addresses. This is so that RainConnect can identify the different networks and route them via different ISP connections.

Not possible from what I can figure out!?!

(in reply to ZD)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Outbound IP address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts