• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is it possible to block P2P apps from SecureNAT clients?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Is it possible to block P2P apps from SecureNAT clients? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it possible to block P2P apps from SecureNAT clients? - 15.Jun.2004 4:34:00 AM   
Jack in the Box

The title really says it all. Since most P2P apps tend to default to port 80 if one of the higher ports is blocked how can you block that traffic? I have noticed that so long as the client has been given HTTP access outbound the P2P client always works. How can you continue to allow web page access but block apps that use the same port?
Post #: 1
RE: Is it possible to block P2P apps from SecureNAT cli... - 15.Jun.2004 9:03:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Jack,

The SecureNAT clients are exposed to the HTTP security filter, so you can block the headers used by the P2P apps. Note that you can't block things like Kazaa Fast Track, because it can use any port, and the methods used require a lot more processor intensive and sophisticated approaches to blocking them.

Check out the Akonix L7 app for info on this.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Jack in the Box)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Is it possible to block P2P apps from SecureNAT clients? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts