• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users fails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users fails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users fails - 16.Nov.2004 12:13:00 PM   
awj

We have internet access set to all authenticated users so that we have usernames etc in the logs and can stop access by non domain members. Problem is that when someone tries to publish a web site using Frontpage 2003 to a server with FP server extensions or uses FTP for the same task it fails. If i set it to allow all all users it works fine. Any ideas on how to correct this?
Post #: 1
RE: Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users f... - 17.Nov.2004 11:50:00 AM   
awj

Similarily it also seems to cuase problems for Internet Explorer web browser clients that have the google search bar installed. Any ideas?

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 2
RE: Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users f... - 9.Jan.2006 1:10:56 PM   
Money Penney

I have been observing this problem lately with FrontPage and have asked Microsoft for help.  In the mean time I have added a rule that allows All Users access to the specific website that they need to publish to.

It's as if FrontPage is ignoring the fact that the ISA client is installed on the computer is acting like a SecureNAT client with an anonymous connection.

(in reply to awj)
Post #: 3
RE: Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users f... - 31.Jan.2006 2:59:37 AM   
Money Penney

Microsoft think it is a authentication chaining problem.  They have suggested I try hotfix associated with Microsoft KB 820780 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820780 or disable HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections or use Firewall client and add the URL to the IE proxy exception list (don't think this works).

I have not had a chance to try these but otherse might find them useful.

Regards
Mark

(in reply to Money Penney)
Post #: 4
RE: Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users f... - 31.Jan.2006 1:38:42 PM   
Sunny.C

Hey guys,
What does your access rule for ftp look like???
What errors are you getting?

(in reply to Money Penney)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Frontpage and FTP access with authenticated users fails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts