• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy - 1.Apr.2005 4:20:00 PM   
cyrcocq

Hi all,

I'm confused with the name rTsolution "[Confused]"

I've got only secure-NAT clients.

In the daily report (as well as in the real time logging) I'm not able to see the URLs of the destinations sites. I red that's it's normal as the Secure-NAT clients do their DNS resolution by themselves.

I've tried to put a rule prohibiting access to *.google.com. It work well... So I can suppose that ISA find the destination URL...

So... how about the proxy? Sometimes sites can be acceced by different IP...
Then cached objects will be cached severall times based upon IP adresses or will I have only each item one time based upon their URL???

Thanks in advance

Cyril

PS: Sorry for my english (I'm french... And I was not a good student "[Embarrassed]" )
Post #: 1
RE: Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy - 4.Apr.2005 12:23:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Cyril,

You need to configure the clients as Web proxy clients if you want URLs in the logs.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to cyrcocq)
Post #: 2
RE: Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy - 4.Apr.2005 2:18:00 PM   
cyrcocq

Thanks for you answer Tom.

I had already noticed that. My question is more about the cahce content.
Since the URL are'nt viewd in the logs are they viwed in the cache?
If my page is at
www.domain.com/default.htm witch adress can be resolved with 2 differents IP adresses. In the cache will I have only one instance of the object linked to the url or may I have two instances based upon the two differents IP adresses witch can return the object?

Thanks again.

(in reply to cyrcocq)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> SecureNAT Client >> Secure-NAT's IP vs HTTP adress. How about the Proxy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts