• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creating a wireless DMZ

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> DMZ >> RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creating a wireless DMZ Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 27.Apr.2007 8:18:42 AM   
PCC

Glad to hear everything is working as you would like.

(in reply to mojorisin)
Post #: 41
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 27.Apr.2007 10:00:58 AM   
tshinder

Yay!!!

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.

(in reply to mojorisin)
Post #: 42
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 26.Feb.2008 6:35:21 AM   
camac

Hi all

I hope this topic isn't dead.

I want to set up wireless DMZ with its DNS and DHCP servers. It means I dont want to use internal DNS server and I don't want to install DNS server on ISA Server. Also, I dont want do publish anything from internal network to wireless DMZ. What I must to do? What about with Forward and Revers lookup zone on my dedicated DNS Server? Which Access rules and Network rules I need and so on. I still tried some things but without success.

Anybody help me?

Camac

< Message edited by camac -- 26.Feb.2008 7:04:12 AM >

(in reply to PCC)
Post #: 43
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 26.Feb.2008 8:06:41 AM   
habibalby

Hi,
I think all here are agree with me, before answring your question, we require to know your Network Setup:

What is the ROLE of ISA Server in your Network?
Proxy with Single Nic
Proxy and Edge Firewall
Back-to-back Firewall,
External Nic in DMZ and Internal pointing to the corporate network.
How the internet connectivity to your internal clients? are they though ISA, baypassing Isa and using the ADSL router as a DNS Server and Gateway,
How the DMZ netwrokg is connected in your Network?
Is it vai ISA Server?

quote:

ORIGINAL: camac

Hi all

I hope this topic isn't dead.

I want to set up wireless DMZ with its DNS and DHCP servers. It means I dont want to use internal DNS server and I don't want to install DNS server on ISA Server. Also, I dont want do publish anything from internal network to wireless DMZ. What I must to do? What about with Forward and Revers lookup zone on my dedicated DNS Server? Which Access rules and Network rules I need and so on. I still tried some things but without success.

Anybody help me?

Camac

(in reply to camac)
Post #: 44
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 27.Aug.2010 2:50:06 PM   
montana

Great article, as always, Tom....

I'm planning on setting up this scenario in the next week or so, with the only difference being the people on the wireless DMZ side won't need access to internal servers. so i don't think i'll need the split dns as described in part 1.. They'll just be securenat accessing the internet....

currently our ActiveDirectory server's DNS is set to foward any thing it can't resolve to the caching only DNS on our ISA2006 server.  This DNS, which listens only on the internal interface, forwards to our ISP's dns servers to resolve.

If I were to change the ISA's DNS to to listen on the DMZ interface as well as the internal interface, will this allow the DMZ wireless to resolve DNS without compromising any security to internal network?

thanks very much!

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 45
RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creat... - 9.May2012 9:37:46 PM   
kiheiman

Our current system is using ISA Server 2006 with an external and internal network interface. Our domain controller (with DNS and DHCP) is on the internal network. We configured split DNS (with DNS caching server on the ISA server). We followed your article on how to configure for a split DNS. We have now added a guest interface on the ISA server for wireless uers. I see an article on how to configure DNS on the ISA server so that wireless guests can resolve hostnames with the internal DNS server. The two processes for setup of the DNS on the ISA server are different. Which one should I use?

We are also trying to get Captivate to work and I think the problem is that the users on the guest network cannot resolve internal hostnames, but they can resolve external host names.

(in reply to tshinder)
Post #: 46

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> DMZ >> RE: Discussion about part 2 of article series on creating a wireless DMZ Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts