• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to keep VPN alive?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> How to keep VPN alive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to keep VPN alive? - 30.Aug.2004 8:28:00 PM   
Linke Loe

Hi all.

I have configured a permanent IPsec VPN between ISA 2k4 and a Multitech Routefinder 660. Everything works fine, but after five minutes of inactivity, the VPN goes down. Re-authentication takes about two minutes and I can only re-authenticate from the LAN behind the ISA-firewall, not from the other side.

This has to be an issue on the ISA-firewall, because this is the only VPN-connection on the Routefinder with an ISA-firewall. All the other connections on the Routefinder keep working forever.

Does anyone know how to keep VPN-tunnels on ISA 2k4 alive?
Post #: 1
RE: How to keep VPN alive? - 31.Aug.2004 7:40:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Linke,

Are there any entries in the Event Viewer that indicate the reason for the dropped connection? Is the ISP having problems on the ISA firewall's side?

Thanks!
Tom

(in reply to Linke Loe)
Post #: 2
RE: How to keep VPN alive? - 31.Aug.2004 8:24:00 AM   
Linke Loe

There are no specific entries in the event-logs that could indicate some kind of failure and there are no problems with the ISP.

(in reply to Linke Loe)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> How to keep VPN alive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts