• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Site-to_site VPN with NAT's hosts

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Site-to_site VPN with NAT's hosts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site-to_site VPN with NAT's hosts - 9.Sep.2004 8:13:00 AM   
wwolfeii

One of our business partners needs us to configure an IPSec site-to-site VPN with them where they can FTP files to an FTP Server at our site with special file encryption.

The strange thing about it is that our FTP server must respond to an IP address that they assign us. In essence thew want us to NAT an internal addressed FTP Server 10.0.0.1 to 66.187.10.100. (their public address) However our public address to the internet for this FTP Server is 66.243.106.200.

This seems rather odd to us, but they say all their other partners do it. They have said only CheckPoint NG will support this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Site-to_site VPN with NAT's hosts - 10.Sep.2004 6:09:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi W,

If you have a site to site VPN, then *they* can publish the site to the IP address they require. This is what I do with ISA firewalls on each site. I publish the server on the remote network to the local network, or vice versa, and than it exposes the required address.

BTW -- ask their security experts what security they get by limiting access by IP address! That's nuts! They should require authentication, IP addresses are rediculously easy to spoof.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to wwolfeii)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Site-to_site VPN with NAT's hosts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts