• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could no... - 16.Dec.2004 1:47:00 PM   
Leonski

Hi everyone,

My apology for the grammar mistakes. Sorry guys, English is not my native language. IĂll try my best to make it as clear as possible.

Currently weĂre using ˘plain÷ Win2003 VPN Server. This VPN server was setup as stand alone server, not a member of the domain. We are using PPTP and all VPN clients authentication done through Win2003 IAS (RADIUS) server. Everything works fine. We decided to try ISA2004 as our future VPN server. At this stage we are already have firewall, so new ISA2004 server will be used entirely just for VPN access only. For the security reason we would like to keep this server outside our Win2000 domain as well.

After successful install and setting up appropriate rules for the VPN client I did setup ISA2004 to use Radius server. Same Radius server which weĂre still using with old VPN server

Now, here is the problem. On client machine running Windows XP SP2 when IĂm trying to connect to the ISA2004 VPN server IĂm having some problems. After typing my user name and password, connections drops and I have this error message popping-up on my screen:

˘Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed.÷

Radius server Even Viewer shows me that user (me) has been authenticated successfully?!

Please tell me what is going on? I donĂt have any problem connecting from the same machine onto our old VPN server. I did some search on Google and also on this forum for help in regards this error message but could find anything related to my problem. In some article they saying that RRAS needs to be registered in Active Directory?! As I mentioned previously, my ISA 2004 is in not a member of the domain. May be IĂm missing something, please help.

Thanks in advance

Leonski
Post #: 1
RE: Error 619: A connection to the remote computer coul... - 18.Dec.2004 6:39:00 PM   
tshinder

Hi Leonski,

Did you read the article on using RADIUS authentication with the ISA firewall's VPN server?

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to Leonski)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 619: A connection to the remote computer coul... - 20.Dec.2004 3:47:00 AM   
Leonski

quote:
Originally posted by tshinder:
Hi Leonski,

Did you read the article on using RADIUS authentication with the ISA firewall's VPN server?

HTH,
Tom

I didnĂt read your article on using RADIUS. Only after reading it, I found that user mapping needs to be disabled if the ISA server is not a member of an AD domain.
Thanks Tom

(in reply to Leonski)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts