• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 4.Apr.2005 12:43:00 PM   
Wusu

Hello Guys,
I have been having a serious problem with PPTP VPN Site to Site connections between two nodes.Both servers are Windows 2003 with ISA 2004. Server A cannot initiate remote connection, while server B can. That is the only difference between the two. At startup, everything works fine. But if for any reason (ISP failure..)there was a loss in connection between the two, they sort of get hanged. In the monitoring console the connection remains as if on, whereas its long gone. Another thing i discovered is despite the fact that i configured server A to not initiate remote connection,in the log i found that it repeatedly always try to initiate connection with errors that crediential were not available. And if i remove the host IP in RRAS for that specific VPN connection interface, during restart ISA always bring it back.
The interesting thing is that i have server С that is also Windows 2003 but without ISA 2004 that connects to server A. The Site to Site VPN connection is parfect. If there is a break in connection it reestablishes when internet is back on.
What is the problem? Please help.
Eazzy
Post #: 1
RE: SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 4.Apr.2005 1:10:00 PM   
ClintD

Sounds like Microsoft KB article 888090 Routing and Remote Access stops responding in Windows Server 2003.

You'll need to call Microsoft's Product Support Services (800-936-4900) and ask for a Grace case to obtain the hotfix. They'll ask you a few questions (for tracking purposes in case there's a problem with the hotfix) but you should have it in about 5-10 minutes.

[ April 04, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: ClintD ]

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 2
RE: SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 4.Apr.2005 2:56:00 PM   
Wusu

Hi ClintD,
Big Thanks!, It sure was the problem. But i wonder why Microsoft couldn't just made the Hotfix available for download straight from their website, for us the VPN Site to Site is very important. Anyway, has anyone tried the hotfix? Would like to know if it solves the problem.

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 3
RE: SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 4.Apr.2005 5:52:00 PM   
ClintD

Lots of folks have installed this patch on the newsgroup and stated it works fine - you can look through the archives for it - searching on that article number should give you some hits.

Here's one...
http://forums.isaserver.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000194

[ April 04, 2005, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: ClintD ]

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 4
RE: SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 6.Apr.2005 3:49:00 PM   
Wusu

Thanks for the link ClintD! I read the articles and i've also gotten the fix. 3hrs has gone by hitchfree. Drawing conclusion from others experience, i am positive that i've seen the end of the horror!

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 5
RE: SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror - 27.Apr.2005 2:34:00 PM   
orangy

Is this fix included in W2003 SP1? tcpip.sys has version number greater, than indicated by KB article 888090, but the problem is still here.

(in reply to Wusu)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> SITE to SITE PPTP VPN Horror Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts