• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Welcome to ISAserver.org

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

msn messenger not working for VPN clients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> msn messenger not working for VPN clients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
msn messenger not working for VPN clients - 25.Apr.2005 10:32:00 PM   
arthurw

Hi,

I'm not able to get msn messenger working for VPN clients. It works fine on the internal network. Hotmail works for both vpn clients and internal users.

I created the allowing outbound acces rule to msn from Tom's book but it seems not to be working for vpn users.

In the logfiles I see unidentified ip traffic being denied which is sent to the vpn clients ip address in the range of 1400 - 2100 the source is loginnet.passport.com. Allowing these ports doesn't work.

Thanks,
Arthur
Post #: 1
RE: msn messenger not working for VPN clients - 26.Apr.2005 1:40:00 AM   
tshinder

Hi Arthur,

Configure the VPN clients as firewall clients of the ISA firewall to which they connect.

HTH,
Tom

(in reply to arthurw)
Post #: 2
RE: msn messenger not working for VPN clients - 27.Apr.2005 1:31:00 PM   
arthurw

Hi,

I installed the firewall client on the vpn client. Firewall client is able to contact the firewall, on the int. address of the firewall, but the messenger is still not working. Web Browsing and smtp works fine. Do I also need to configure the web proxy client or do I need to configure the messenger to use a proxyserver.

thanks,
Arthur

(in reply to arthurw)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [ISA Server 2004 Firewall] >> VPN >> msn messenger not working for VPN clients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts